CatBanter

-   -   Dyson vacuum (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=63833)

MaryL October 21st 05 09:04 PM

Dyson vacuum

"Diane" wrote in message
For those of you (Phil?) who've bought Dyson vacuums, how hard are they
on the carpet? I'm asking because I rent, I don't have the world's best
carpet, I know it needs to be cleaned with a really good vacuum (think
cat fur, human hair, and kitty litter, aside from dander and dust), but
I'm afraid the Dyson might suck it off the floor. Just wondering before
I spend a boatload. Thank you.
--
Web site: http://www.slywy.com/
Message board: http://www.slywy.com/phpBB2/

I have a Dyson (there are several versions, and I have the one called "The
Animal"). They are ugly but work great. The vacuum automatically makes
adjustment from hard floors to carpet, and I have never had a problem with
carpet being "sucked up" (just cat fur easily removed from the carpet!).

MaryL

[email protected] October 21st 05 10:48 PM

Dyson vacuum

MaryL wrote:

I have a Dyson (there are several versions, and I have the one called "The
Animal"). They are ugly but work great. The vacuum automatically makes
adjustment from hard floors to carpet, and I have never had a problem with
carpet being "sucked up" (just cat fur easily removed from the carpet!).

MaryL

We have the same model and my wife swears by it! I would definitely
recommend this....it's a bit pricey, but worth it.

Janet B October 21st 05 10:50 PM

Dyson vacuum

On 21 Oct 2005 14:48:39 -0700, "
, clicked their heels and said:

We have the same model and my wife swears by it! I would definitely
recommend this....it's a bit pricey, but worth it.

I take it you don't vacuum? Try it - you'll like it!

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

cybercat October 22nd 05 01:53 AM

Dyson vacuum

"Diane" wrote in message
In article 1Rb6f.3444$xE1.263@okepread07,
"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

The vacuum automatically makes
adjustment from hard floors to carpet, and I have never had a problem
with
carpet being "sucked up" (just cat fur easily removed from the carpet!).

Thanks -- I think I meant, too, the threads out of the carpet. I find it
intimidating (the descriptions)! I'm imagining a threadbare carpet!
--

That is just so sad.

[email protected] October 22nd 05 06:14 AM

Dyson vacuum

Janet B wrote:
On 21 Oct 2005 14:48:39 -0700, "
, clicked their heels and said:

We have the same model and my wife swears by it! I would definitely
recommend this....it's a bit pricey, but worth it.

I take it you don't vacuum? Try it - you'll like it!

I HAVE tried it and it works great! It's light and versatile. She is
a clean freak (that's a good thing), and wanted the best vacuum cleaner
that we could find. After several recommendations, we tried this one
and love it.

Phil P. October 22nd 05 10:42 AM

Dyson vacuum

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

The vacuum automatically makes
adjustment from hard floors to carpet, and I have never had a problem

with
carpet being "sucked up" (just cat fur easily removed from the carpet!).

Thanks -- I think I meant, too, the threads out of the carpet. I find it
intimidating (the descriptions)! I'm imagining a threadbare carpet!

The only difference between the "Animal" and "All Floors" models is the
attachments- they contain the same motor and deliver the same power- 270 air
watts. They won't ruin your carpet unless its already falling apart and has
loose strings hanging out (which are also dangerous for your cats).

Phil

MaryL October 22nd 05 01:18 PM

Dyson vacuum

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

The vacuum automatically makes
adjustment from hard floors to carpet, and I have never had a problem

with
carpet being "sucked up" (just cat fur easily removed from the
carpet!).

Thanks -- I think I meant, too, the threads out of the carpet. I find it
intimidating (the descriptions)! I'm imagining a threadbare carpet!

The only difference between the "Animal" and "All Floors" models is the
attachments- they contain the same motor and deliver the same power- 270
air
watts. They won't ruin your carpet unless its already falling apart and
has
loose strings hanging out (which are also dangerous for your cats).

Phil

That's correct. One of the attachments with "The Animal" is a fantastic
rotating attachment for furniture (works *great* a picking up cat fur).

MaryL

Alison October 22nd 05 08:57 PM

Dyson vacuum

" I have a Dyson (there are several versions, and I have the one

called "The
Animal"). They are ugly but work great. The vacuum automatically

makes
adjustment from hard floors to carpet, and I have never had a

problem with
carpet being "sucked up" (just cat fur easily removed from the

carpet!).

MaryL

I have the Animal cylinder and it's great, it picks up hay and bunny
poo too.
The only drawback is I found it heavy.
Alison

MaryL October 22nd 05 09:26 PM

Dyson vacuum

"Alison" wrote in message

" I have a Dyson (there are several versions, and I have the one

called "The
Animal"). They are ugly but work great. The vacuum automatically

makes
adjustment from hard floors to carpet, and I have never had a

problem with
carpet being "sucked up" (just cat fur easily removed from the

carpet!).

MaryL

I have the Animal cylinder and it's great, it picks up hay and bunny
poo too.
The only drawback is I found it heavy.
Alison

It's *very* heavy. That has not been a problem for me because my house is
all on one floor, and the Dyson has such large wheels that it is easy to
maneuver. However, it would be a problem for anyone who needed to take it
up or down stairs (although it does have a long cleaning hose, so the extra
weight makes it possible to use the attachments at some distance without
tipping over the cleaner).

MaryL

Cheryl October 22nd 05 10:26 PM

Dyson vacuum

On Sat 22 Oct 2005 04:26:59p, MaryL wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:egx6f.5885$xE1.1702@okepread07):

It's *very* heavy. That has not been a problem for me because
my house is all on one floor, and the Dyson has such large
wheels that it is easy to maneuver. However, it would be a
problem for anyone who needed to take it up or down stairs
(although it does have a long cleaning hose, so the extra weight
makes it possible to use the attachments at some distance
without tipping over the cleaner).

A friend of mine just bought one of these and she did "the test" when
she got it. She vacuumed with her old vac, then the Dyson to see how
much additional debris she got up, and she was amazed. Between her
and a few others I know who have one, I'm getting one. I have an
Oreck that I love for it's weight, and it does a pretty good job. But
just last week my mom asked me what I want for my birthday next month
and I told her "cash". LOL And that I wanted to buy a Dyson.

--
Cheryl