CatBanter

-   -   Tom cat question (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=87642)

CatNipped[_2_] April 6th 08 12:15 AM

Tom cat question

Does an adult tom cat's pee lose that strong odor once they're neutered?
The vet said Hunter is a year or a little over a year (he just started
getting "jowly"). Since he's had testosterone in his system his pee really
stinks (but thankfully he figured out how to use the litter box and isn't
spraying). He's going this Thursday to get the "big snip" - and I was just
wondering if the smell would leave once the last of the testosterone is out
of his system.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

blkcatgal April 6th 08 12:27 AM

Tom cat question

From everything that I have read and heard....yes, the smell will not be as
bad once a tom is neutered. Tomcat urine smell is the worst!

S.
---

Rene S. April 7th 08 08:11 PM

Tom cat question

Yes, once the hormones have cleared out of his system, the really
stinky urine will be gone. It might take a few weeks for hormones to
drop, but they will.