CatBanter

-   -   Musical interlude (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=96539)

Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_] July 29th 09 04:25 AM

Musical interlude

[The full moon is out at Little Lake, as the
community cats are napping, chasing butterfiles or
playing. Anaïs, Hercule and Mercurio are talking,
and then nod in agreement. In front of them, a
small stage materializes, then a baby grand, a
saxaphone and a bass. Hercule picks up the sax,
Mercurio the bass, and Anaïs sits at the piano. In
a voice much deeper than her petite size would
belie, she starts to play and sings]

"Some day he'll come along,
The cat I love
[she meows: dis iz wif apologies to George
Gerwishin - then resumes singing]
And he'll be big and strong,
The cat I love
And when he comes my way
I'll do my best to make him stay. [winks at Tiger]

He'll look at me and smile
I'll understand ;
And in a little while,
He'll take my paw;
And though it seems absurd,
I know we both won't say a word

[Hercule plays a mellow, but complex solo in the
style of Charlie "the Bird" Parker]

He'll build a little home
Just meant for two,
From which I'll never roam,
Who would - would you ?
And so all else above
I've found for the cat I love."

[she blows a kiss at Tiger]

"Ummmm, awl ob dat singing makes myseff hungry -
for sushi!"

[the Inspector] "Ahhh, no worries [meows into his
cell phone, and within minutes a porter twinkles,
and Hiura-san - the Itame (sushi-chef) from the
Young's Island adventure - appears, followed by
three Japanese bob-tail kitties. They unpack a
small sushi-bar, and boxes of fish, seaweed and a
rice-cooker, and set up]

[Hiura-san] Ahhhh, Meow, Anaïs! [deftly rolls a
futo-maki] Wood yoo like a sammon-skin roll? Any
ofur kitty want some sushi, sashemi or futo-maki?

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

7/28/2009 11:12:29 PM

Granby July 29th 09 04:30 AM

Musical interlude

Piglet, O T and Willow have been sitting on cushions recovering from the
stress of the past week or so.

Now Ptglett, dat waz sum gudgud musick O T says as he looks around to see if
Harri has returned.

Piglett and Willow nod their head as the sax plays softly and the notes
float away, very softly on the cool breeze.

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
[...]

From which I'll never roam,
Who would - would you ?
And so all else above
I've found for the cat I love."

[she blows a kiss at Tiger]

"Ummmm, awl ob dat singing makes myseff hungry -
for sushi!"

[the Inspector] "Ahhh, no worries [meows into his
cell phone, and within minutes a porter twinkles,
and Hiura-san - the Itame (sushi-chef) from the
Young's Island adventure - appears, followed by
three Japanese bob-tail kitties. They unpack a
small sushi-bar, and boxes of fish, seaweed and a
rice-cooker, and set up]

[Hiura-san] Ahhhh, Meow, Anaïs! [deftly rolls a
futo-maki] Wood yoo like a sammon-skin roll? Any
ofur kitty want some sushi, sashemi or futo-maki?

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

7/28/2009 11:12:29 PM

Rebecca July 29th 09 04:53 AM

Musical interlude

Ooh, I will hab sum sooshee, too, pleez. Maybe sum toona, or sum uv doze
liddle sammin eggz, or dat yellow gooshy stuf, or sum... oh, juss giv me a
liddle uv eech, maybe Hercule will hewp me eet it awl.

Rebecca

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
[...]

From which I'll never roam,

meOwy July 29th 09 05:53 AM

Musical interlude

Quelle mewveilleuz! Wotz ob appwaws fur dat songk (MeOowy patting the
keyboard wif hur paws)

I wil hab sum sashimi and foto-maki, fangyu.

Cud I git a foto-maki ob Mme. Anais on dat peeano?

MeOwy, furry impwessed.

On Jul 28, 9:25*pm, "Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote:
[...]

From which I'll never roam,

Sylvia M[_3_] July 29th 09 06:02 AM

Musical interlude

turns to Anaïs,
Hun,. yu ar soo talemted an multyfazited!
Turnz tu Japanese bob-tail kitties
I wyll hav uh bit ov eetsh purrleeez an fangu.
An set up anudder dish furr mine wink.

Pit2nya

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
[...]

From which I'll never roam,

FeLiX the CaT July 29th 09 01:35 PM

Musical interlude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0vdt7f2YRw

wunnuv me favritt psongs and videos

hmmmmmeow

Harri Roadcat July 29th 09 02:41 PM

Musical interlude

In article ,
"Granby" wrote:

Piglet, O T and Willow have been sitting on cushions recovering from the
stress of the past week or so.

Now Ptglett, dat waz sum gudgud musick O T says as he looks around to see if
Harri has returned.

Piglett and Willow nod their head as the sax plays softly and the notes
float away, very softly on the cool breeze.

I iz here. Dat is lovely music.

[As she speaks Harri rubs the top of her head under OT's chin.]

ALl of usses are back from da TED. Meowmie bringed us home yesfurday.
Paw is still in Catifurnia, but him will be heading home on Friday.

Dat food is smelling awfully good. I'll go get us a plate wif some of
efurryfing.

Harri

Granby July 29th 09 02:47 PM

Musical interlude

O T fairly busting with joy at the arrival of hisown Harri, hu rubs her eat
with his paw and asks about the rest of the family.

I kno diz izza hard time for dem but, I iz glad u iz back from da TED's. We
wil purr until your Paw gits safely homez.

Yes, i wud likez sum fudz, suddenlee I am starffink. Willow walks by as he
says this, Not so it shows fluyffy one. Hi Hari, gladz ta cee u are bak
wiff uz. Diz izza gud plaze tabe when fingz are hurtink.

Granby July 29th 09 02:55 PM

Musical interlude

Willow looks at that post and sees all the typos, Mebbe u shud let me type
when u iz diz cited.

Hercule Lenoir[_3_] July 29th 09 05:32 PM

Musical interlude

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:53:26 -0700, Rebecca wrote:

Ooh, I will hab sum sooshee, too, pleez. Maybe sum toona, or sum uv doze
liddle sammin eggz, or dat yellow gooshy stuf, or sum... oh, juss giv me a
liddle uv eech, maybe Hercule will hewp me eet it awl.

Rebecca

Ahh, mine sweet Rebecca! [headbump and hug]

How eez yourownself?

Ob cawze I weeel help - Itami-san, may we haff a
plate ob sashimi and anofur ob sushi. How abowt
sum: toro (tuna), sake (salmon), hamachi
(yellowtail), saba (Spanish mackerel), ebi
(shrimp), ika (squid), tako (octopus), uni
(sea-urchin - dats da yello stuff) an ikura
(salmon eggs). Hmmmm, and a few ob dem sammon-skin
futo-maki.

Well, mine deer, dat shud hold us fur now. Herez
a bottle of sake to drink, letz sit down and eet!
--
Musically Yours,

Hercule Lenoir