CatBanter

-   -   "Bad kitty" warnings? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=1817)

Singer709 January 11th 04 11:00 AM

"Bad kitty" warnings?

When our kitties decide to "become bad" and "get" us, we know that
they usually turn sideways and hunch up, or as my friend calls it,
becoming a "witch kitty".

Then they will likely run and paw at us, then dash off into the other
room, daring us to follow, at our peril.

Well, my big 19-pound orange fuzzball "RJ" also has a very unusual way
to indicate that he's about to "turn bad". Here's RJ's pictu

http://www.waas.us/images/cats/rj-4.jpg

He lies on his side, and very briskly scratches his jaw and chin with
his hind foot. That is a signal. And I have zero idea how this came
into being, but when he does this, I'm being warned to "watch out"
because I'm now in the same room as a knucklehead kitty. Ha ha.

This scratching his chin to show he's going to be mischevious is a
very strange trait. Do any of your cats do something similar? Do they
have a special way to indicate that they are about to misbehave?

Jette Goldie January 11th 04 11:49 AM

"Singer709" wrote

This scratching his chin to show he's going to be mischevious is a
very strange trait. Do any of your cats do something similar? Do they
have a special way to indicate that they are about to misbehave?

Dakota's turn yellow. Honest - he's a green eyed cat, but sometimes
they glow yellow, just before he pounces!

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Renee Darvin January 11th 04 12:02 PM

I have only "good" kitties -- yeah, right!

TC loves to be scratched around his face and head. And back. And
sides! He will stand or sit in absolute ecstasy until he has had
enough. Then he narrows his eyes and lifts his paw. Smart people back
off immediately.

Baby just bites. LOL!

Renee in CA USA

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." Colette "I've
traveled a long way -- and some of the roads weren't paved!" Anon
"I am too blessed to be stressed" Anon

m. L. Briggs January 11th 04 06:58 PM

On 11 Jan 2004 02:00:03 -0800, (Singer709) wrote:

[...]

Yes! the pupils of her eyes dialate -- watch out!