CatBanter

-   -   PETA - People Exhibiting Terrible Attributes (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=14732)

Paul M. Cook©® November 24th 03 10:35 AM

"Sherry " wrote in message
www.kfccruelty.com

To be fair, I only skimmed. So I don't know whether or not they
mentionned what they do to the chickens before they boil them alive.

P:)

It was an interesting website, and I don't doubt a great deal of the
allegations are true. But 2-month old chickens? Have you ever seen an
eight-week-old chicken? That's hard to believe, unless they have some

serious
steroids or chemicals they pump into them to cause fast growth.
I never buy KFC anyway; I think it's disgustingly greasy. But Tyson and

other
commercial chicken farms are just as bad as KFC.

The average chicken in a market was 6 weeks old. They do use a lot of
growth hormones. Even worse is the pork industry.

Paul

Opticreep November 24th 03 11:51 AM

(Napoleon) wrote in message om...
"Cat Protector" wrote in message news:I68wb.11062$Gj2.6334@okepread01...
What is the proof that PETA bribes public officials to change the names of
towns to more vegan type names? Does the author have a source for these
statements?

They never actually made payments because the offer was not accepted.
But there's more. Apparently, PETA made the same offer to the city of
Hamburg in Germany as well. It sounds like they got an even chillier

The whole thing is just for publicity. PETA doesn't really expect the
towns to change their names for a few thousand dollars. However, PETA
does expect their offers to make headlines and prompt internet
discussions. Free publicity.

The only difference between PETA members and mindless automatons is
that PETA members have too much time and money in their hands. I'll
bet that if you looked the average income of all PETA members, they'd
be among the top 1% wealthiest people in the world.

kaeli November 24th 03 01:48 PM

In article , luvskats00
@aol.com enlightened us with...
One of the questions I have is that why hasn't PETA or another group lobbied to
change the production of car coolant/antifreeze. Cats find it tasty and die a
horrible death after consuming the liquid. Can't they add something to make it
taste bad?

They do in the UK, IIRC.

Any UK friends around to confirm that?

--
~kaeli~
Local Area Network in Australia:... the LAN down under.

Sparrow 13 November 24th 03 04:24 PM

Pifflove wrote...

Podkayne Fries wrote ...
Pifflove wrote:

Actually, what KFC is doing is boiling and scalding the chickens alive
so as to remove their feathers with ease. What a pointless venture for
PETA.

Cite? I've butchered many a chicken in my time, and I'd really like
to know *how* someone boils the nasty buggers while they're still
alive and flapping.

www.kfccruelty.com

Real proof, rather than PETA propaganda? PETA is about as credible a
source as Jack Chick or the Weekly World News.

viva la vida con drogas
Sparrow 13
The Extremely DeLux One