CatBanter

-   -   PETA - People Exhibiting Terrible Attributes (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=14732)

Cat Protector November 25th 03 12:55 AM

I think the public needs to be educated about cat deaths linked to
anti-freeze as well. BTW, does anyone know of anti-freeze that is safe for
cats. I already try to buy other products that are not tested on animals so
having products that have been killers to cats would be nice.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Sharon Talbert" wrote in message
Actually, we the public can do something about that -- stop buying the
tasty stuff and buy the non-toxic product on the market. (Children find
the toxic antifreeze tasty, too, by the way.)

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats
www.campuscats.org

Cat Protector November 25th 03 01:44 AM

Well, I think the term pet needs to be re-defined now considering there are
people out there like myself who don't see their cats as pets but as members
of the family.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Cheryl" wrote in message

I believe PETAs stance is that animals shouldn't be pets. Period.
Doubt they would do an adoptathon.

Carleen November 25th 03 01:56 AM

"Beer Nuts" wrote in message
om...
I guess you've never been to a poultry market to buy fresh chickens.
They string up the chickens' feet and dunk them in huge vats of hot
water...alive...head first. I guess most Americans are used to their
beef, pork, and chicken in friendly looking patties. BTW, I think
PETA should stay away from extremist points of view (renaming signs)
and focus instead on animal cruelty. I got a bunch of "MEAT'S NO
TREAT FOR THOSE YOU EAT" stickers from PETA with chickens on them.
What a waste of funding. Damn if I'll give up steak and fried
chicken. If God didn't want humans to eat cows, pigs, and chickens,
He wouldn't have made them so tasty. :oP

Ah, not quite true. Have you even eaten a boiled, unseasoned piece of beef
or chicken? I daresay you wouldn't find it so appetizing. It's the
seasonings & sauces put on meat that we like - not so much the meat itself.

Carleen

Carleen November 25th 03 02:00 AM

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Well, I think the term pet needs to be re-defined now considering there

are
people out there like myself who don't see their cats as pets but as

members
of the family.

The more enlightened among us call them "companion animals". I just call
them my babies (my dogs, that is - sorry this was cross-posted).

Carleen ;-)