CatBanter

-   -   kitten becoming aggressive (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18325)

icarus June 24th 04 02:07 AM

kitten becoming aggressive

For goodness sake, ... hit her. not hard but enough so she knows its wrong.
cats are amoral, avaricious and aggessive. you have to train them. gently,
firmly but don't hurt them tho.

they aint toys, they are animals. so dont hurt them but they shouldn't hurt
you either.

icarus June 24th 04 11:32 AM

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
circa Thu, 24 Jun 2004 02:07:59 +0100, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
icarus ) said,
For goodness sake, ... hit her. not hard but enough so she knows its

wrong.
cats are amoral, avaricious and aggessive. you have to train them.

gently,
firmly but don't hurt them tho.

It's completely unnecessary to strike a cat to train it.

Laura

so once you have explained to the cat that its wrong and discussed the
morality of hurting others.... what do you do then ? I'm not talking about
hurting the cat, simply a clear indication of displeasure. My female cat
hits my male cat with her claws in to indicate displeasure so why shouldn't
you ?

icarus June 24th 04 11:36 AM

"MadHatter" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 02:07:59 +0100, "icarus" wrote:

For goodness sake, ... hit her. not hard but enough so she knows its

wrong.
cats are amoral, avaricious and aggessive. you have to train them.

gently,
firmly but don't hurt them tho.

they aint toys, they are animals. so dont hurt them but they shouldn't

hurt
you either.

hit a 2 month old kitten? are you crazy? i shove her away with my
hand occasionally, but i'm certainly not hitting a kitten, or a cat
for that matter. that's how they play, except theya re used to things
that have fur. try explaining to a kitten that we don't have fur.

-L

You say '' try explaining to a kitten that we don't have fur." but how do
you do that verbally ?

I'm not talking about hurting the kitten, simply a clear indication of
displeasure. Have you watched a mother cat with her young ? or any adult cat
with an adolescent cat that's misbehaving ? They will hit the young-un with
claws in to indicate displeasure so why shouldn't you ?

icarus June 24th 04 11:44 AM

"MadHatter" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 02:07:59 +0100, "icarus" wrote:

For goodness sake, ... hit her. not hard but enough so she knows its

wrong.
cats are amoral, avaricious and aggessive. you have to train them.

gently,
firmly but don't hurt them tho.

they aint toys, they are animals. so dont hurt them but they shouldn't

hurt
you either.

hit a 2 month old kitten? are you crazy? i shove her away with my
hand occasionally, but i'm certainly not hitting a kitten, or a cat
for that matter. that's how they play, except theya re used to things
that have fur. try explaining to a kitten that we don't have fur.

-L

I didn't notice your original posting mentioning the cats age either ;)