CatBanter

-   -   I skeered my boy! :( (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=76704)

[email protected] December 14th 06 06:25 AM

I skeered my boy! :(

I was walking into the computer room this evening, and Licky was
standing in the doorway, waiting for me to come in so he could get
petted (this room is his favorite place for that). I was moving at
a fast clip, and he suddenly darted toward me, and we had a little
collision in the doorway, which banged against him kind of hard. He
shot off out of sight, and didn't come out from behind the big recliner
(one of his favorite hiding places) for about 15 minutes. And when
he did, he just sat there staring at me like he was sure I was the
#1 public menace.

And nothing could convince him to relax, not all the syrupy apologies
and coo-cooing in the world! My poor scaredy-cat!

But I guess all is forgiven - he's now lying in my arms, purring full
blast. He's not only a scaredy-cat, he apparently has a very short
memory.

Joyce

Rhonda December 14th 06 07:12 AM

I skeered my boy! :(

wrote:

But I guess all is forgiven - he's now lying in my arms, purring full
blast. He's not only a scaredy-cat, he apparently has a very short
memory.

Joyce, he's got other plans. He's going to milk this for all it's worth!
He will give you big eyes and a beggy, sad face for days until you pet
him for a few hours each time.

You might as well cancel all other commitments for awhile... :)

Rhonda

[email protected] December 14th 06 07:48 AM

I skeered my boy! :(

Rhonda wrote:

wrote:

But I guess all is forgiven - he's now lying in my arms, purring full
blast. He's not only a scaredy-cat, he apparently has a very short
memory.

Joyce, he's got other plans. He's going to milk this for all it's worth!
He will give you big eyes and a beggy, sad face for days until you pet
him for a few hours each time.

Ha! And you should hear his piteous meow, when he wants attention!

You might as well cancel all other commitments for awhile... :)

You mean like my job? Oh, what a shame. :)

Joyce

Karen December 14th 06 03:28 PM

I skeered my boy! :(

That used to happen to me with Grant all the time! I always felt SO bad, but
he would often jump somewhere just in front of me suddenly, or I would move
to pet him just as he suddenly jumped somewhere. It was so hard too! His
poor little head. I'm glad Licky got over it.

#1 public menace.

And nothing could convince him to relax, not all the syrupy apologies
and coo-cooing in the world! My poor scaredy-cat!

But I guess all is forgiven - he's now lying in my arms, purring full
blast. He's not only a scaredy-cat, he apparently has a very short
memory.

Joyce

Poor baby. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

#1 public menace.

And nothing could convince him to relax, not all the syrupy apologies
and coo-cooing in the world! My poor scaredy-cat!

But I guess all is forgiven - he's now lying in my arms, purring full
blast. He's not only a scaredy-cat, he apparently has a very short
memory.

Joyce

Sounds like Smokey, he too is a scaredy-cat. They easily forgive as long as
they get the better end of the deal. ;-)

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

---MIKE--- December 14th 06 05:06 PM

I skeered my boy! :(

This kind of thing happens all the time with Tiger. He doesn't get
scared however - he just hisses.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

#1 public menace.

And nothing could convince him to relax, not all the syrupy apologies
and coo-cooing in the world! My poor scaredy-cat!

But I guess all is forgiven - he's now lying in my arms, purring full
blast. He's not only a scaredy-cat, he apparently has a very short
memory.

Joyce

I think you've been played. Now Licky gets special treatment for the near
future.

[email protected] December 15th 06 12:51 AM

I skeered my boy! :(

Outsider wrote:

I think you've been played. Now Licky gets special treatment for
the near future.

He doesn't have to play me for that! I'm a sucker 24/7. :)

Joyce