CatBanter

-   -   Dry-cleaning a cat recovering from surgery? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=66126)

Charlie Wilkes January 5th 06 07:39 AM

Dry-cleaning a cat recovering from surgery?

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 20:42:24 -0600, Poobah wrote:

Mephisto is recovering from urethroplasty and is wearing a collar for
another week. I've been brushing him regularly, but I need to give him a
dry bath to get rid of the smell of urine. I'd like to avoid using
commercial foam products because of their heavy perfumes, and I don't want
to get the cat wet because of his still-healing surgery wound.

Are there household products that I can use to make a sort of kitty dry-
cleaning product?

poobah

I have used those flushable wipes sold alongside diapers. I figure a
product that is mild enough for a baby's ass probably won't cause
problems for a cat.

Charlie

Lesley January 6th 06 04:23 PM

Dry-cleaning a cat recovering from surgery?

I have used those flushable wipes sold alongside diapers. I figure a
product that is mild enough for a baby's ass probably won't cause
problems for a cat.

Some of those wipes are toxic for cats, there was a thread in here last
February (If you search for "Toxic baby wipes" you'll find it). The
problem is that very few babies lick their backsides whereas cats do

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs