CatBanter

-   -   OT New "pets" (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=79909)

---MIKE--- May 6th 07 11:34 PM

OT New "pets"

The first hummingbirds arrived at my feeder today. This a year to the
day that the first arrivals came last year. Later on I will have three
feeders out and have to make a gallon of nectar about every other day.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

MaryL May 7th 07 12:02 PM

OT New "pets"

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
The first hummingbirds arrived at my feeder today. This a year to the
day that the first arrivals came last year. Later on I will have three
feeders out and have to make a gallon of nectar about every other day.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I have a long bed of impatiens, and the hummers love them. If you have room
for some, they are easy-care (shade loving) and a big "draw" for
hummingbirds.

MaryL

Kreisleriana May 7th 07 03:12 PM

OT New "pets"

On Sun, 6 May 2007 18:34:34 -0400, (---MIKE---)
yodeled:

The first hummingbirds arrived at my feeder today. This a year to the
day that the first arrivals came last year. Later on I will have three
feeders out and have to make a gallon of nectar about every other day.

Whee! I love hummers, but we don't get many here. Like many other
tiny creatures, they're very attitudinous. ;)

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Make Levees, Not War

Ginger-lyn May 8th 07 10:53 PM

OT New "pets"

---MIKE--- wrote:
The first hummingbirds arrived at my feeder today. This a year to the
day that the first arrivals came last year. Later on I will have three
feeders out and have to make a gallon of nectar about every other day.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Oh, that is wonderful! I haven't seen a hummingbird in years. It's
wonderful that you have a group of them.

Ginger-lyn