CatBanter

-   Cat rescue (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Another cat saved by declawing. (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22023)

He Who Walks December 31st 03 11:52 PM

Another cat saved by declawing.

My cat (DQB) had been tearing up my furniture (as well as my patience)
by clawing everything, particularly when I would have to be being out
of town for two or three days at a time.

My friends Ken and Kathy told me about the success they had with
declawing their equally destructive cat so I thought I would give it a
try. I only had the front ones done, as DQB was not doing much with
the back ones.

DQB walked gingerly for about a week or two, but since then no
problems.

The owner (moi) is much happier now.

Another cat saved from the knackers.

Thank you Jesus for seeing DQB through the brief recovery and helping
me have the perservance .... Amen!

CW2004

Suzie-Q January 1st 04 12:27 AM

He Who Walks wrote:

My cat (DQB) had been tearing up my furniture (as well as my patience)
by clawing everything, particularly when I would have to be being out
of town for two or three days at a time.

Troll, right?

8^(~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Alan Sandoval January 1st 04 07:27 AM

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
He Who Walks wrote:

My cat (DQB) had been tearing up my furniture (as well as my patience)
by clawing everything, particularly when I would have to be being out
of town for two or three days at a time.

Troll, right?

Must be a troll. Everyone knows that furniture is a lot more important than
the health and inherent dignity of an animal. I suppose the original poster
had his or her fingers snipped off at the first knuckle at the same time. I
so hate those scratches fingernails make in the paint of my Mercedes around
the door handles.

Figure this any way you want, mutilating a cat to preserve furniture is NOT
humane! If you can't have a cat in original conditon in your precious house
you don't deserve to have a cat with you.

The "out of town for two or three days" is probably a tip-off. Right.
Troll. I'm stupid to even reply.

Alan

The Nice Mean Man January 1st 04 01:08 PM

(He Who Walks) wrote in message . com...
My cat (DQB) had been tearing up my furniture (as well as my patience)
by clawing everything, particularly when I would have to be being out
of town for two or three days at a time.

My friends Ken and Kathy told me about the success they had with
declawing their equally destructive cat so I thought I would give it a
try. I only had the front ones done, as DQB was not doing much with
the back ones.

DQB walked gingerly for about a week or two, but since then no
problems.

The owner (moi) is much happier now.

Another cat saved from the knackers.

Thank you Jesus for seeing DQB through the brief recovery and helping
me have the perservance .... Amen!

CW2004

That's right. Rip those suckers right on out. We had our cat'z done.
Rear ones as well as front.

Dennis Carr January 1st 04 10:33 PM

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:52:24 -0800, He Who Walks wrote:

My cat (DQB) had been tearing up my furniture (as well as my patience)
by clawing everything, particularly when I would have to be being out
of town for two or three days at a time.

As a reminder, ladies and gentlemen, please do not feed the trolls.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Cat Protector January 2nd 04 01:01 AM

Just another sick troll who wants to get attention by promoting the
disgusting and abusive practice of declawing. He should change his user name
from "He Who Walks" to "He Who Walks With Shame."

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
om...

IcuGuy January 3rd 04 02:47 AM

Hey, I'm a member of
PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

"Alan Sandoval" wrote in message

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
He Who Walks wrote:

[...]

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Cat Protector January 4th 04 08:17 PM

Ah another troll comes out from the darkness to expose himself. Either that
or it is the same troll using a different account to make himself look like
a supporter of the OP. Girlie-boy? How original. Got any other boring or
non-original words to use? Don't feed the trolls.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"The Nice Mean Man" wrote in message
Shut your mouth, girlie-boy.

Mark Healey February 16th 04 08:11 AM

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 23:52:24 UTC, (He Who
Walks) wrote:

My cat (DQB) had been tearing up my furniture (as well as my patience)
by clawing everything, particularly when I would have to be being out
of town for two or three days at a time.

My friends Ken and Kathy told me about the success they had with
declawing their equally destructive cat so I thought I would give it a
try. I only had the front ones done, as DQB was not doing much with
the back ones.

DQB walked gingerly for about a week or two, but since then no
problems.

The owner (moi) is much happier now.

Another cat saved from the knackers.

Thank you Jesus for seeing DQB through the brief recovery and helping
me have the perservance .... Amen!

I don't know if this guy is a troll or not but I've been seriously
considering it. I have a couch at the upholstery guys place right
now.
I told him to make some pieces that go over the arms from the scrap
but that is a temporary measure. I'm not home to be Joe vigilant
training them not to scratch. They have a cat stand that they ignore.
They have torn up my box spring, the above mentioned couch, a $100
leather covered book.

That is all live-with-able. What isn't is that one likes to scratch
my Mame-cab at night. It is pretty much a Formica covered hollow box.
There isn't much damage but it is all kinds of noisy and he seems to
only like to do it when I am just starting to doze off.

I would like the pros and cons without a bunch of high abstractions
about mutilating their natural form (they are already eunuchs).

--
Mark Heaely
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com

Judy F February 16th 04 02:05 PM

If you declaw a cat (aside from ethical issues) they often develop other
habbits like biting, and urinating outside their boxes. These are habits
that you might find more annoying and "un live-with-able" than the original
problem.
Judy F

Mark Healey February 16th 04 05:23 PM

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:22:14 UTC, Laura R.
wrote:

circa Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:11:32 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Mark Healey ) said,

That is all live-with-able. What isn't is that one likes to scratch
my Mame-cab at night. It is pretty much a Formica covered hollow box.
There isn't much damage but it is all kinds of noisy and he seems to
only like to do it when I am just starting to doze off.

I would like the pros and cons without a bunch of high abstractions
about mutilating their natural form (they are already eunuchs).

Soft Paws. http://www.softpaws.com

Have you used them and do you have any interrest in the company?

minerva nine February 16th 04 09:01 PM

Just thought I'd share this with people considering declawing their cats....

I've always had cats, and I've never had any of them scratch up my furniture.
Early on, I happened to discover why. Those carpet-covered scratching posts
that you can get at pet stores are no good at all -- cats want something nice
and rough to scratch on. So I made my own scratching post/pad thusly:

Get a piece of sturdy wood or plywood 12"-8" wide X about 24" long. Go to the
hardware store and buy a good length of sisal rope, the really rough and hairy
stuff, but relatively thin, between 1/8" - 3/8" diameter. Tack the end of the
rope across the bottom face of the board with some carpet tacks (be sure the
nails don't penetrate to the other side of the board), then wind the rope around
the board until it wraps the board completely, all the way to the top. Tack it
again at the top. Leave this on the floor somewhere in your cats' regular
travel path. You can also apply some catnip extract (just boil up some catnip
in water and strain it) to get them started. Some cats like the board at an
angle, you can put one end up on a brick or something like that to give it a
little bit of slope.

I imagine you could make something like this with carpet if you put the rough
side of the carpet OUT, instead of the fluffy side. I have also used an old
roll of carpet, rolled with the rough side out -- they go mad for it.

M9

-L. February 17th 04 07:13 AM

(Mark Healey) wrote in message ...

Soft Paws.
http://www.softpaws.com

Have you used them and do you have any interrest in the company?

Inappropriate cross-posting removed.

If you are having problems with cats ruining your furniture DO NOT
declaw them - unless you want your furniture ruined by inappropriate
elimination. Up to 30% of all declawed cats develop one behavioral
problem or another, the most common being peeing inappropriately (see
below).

I used to apply Soft Paws every day at a feline specialty vet where I
worked. I also do counseling for scratching and behavioral problems
in cats. Below, I will cut and paste a review of Soft Paws which I
wrote for another NG.

As for scratching problems, most can be solved without resorting to
declawing. Cats scratch to relieve tension and to mark territory, so
they WILL scratch, regardless of what you do. If a cat fails to use a
scratching post, it is usually because the cat is not satisfied by the
surfaces of the post, and the post is too small or not stable enough.
I always recommend purchasing a large cat tree, and covering the tree
with multiple surfaces, such as sisal, carpet (pile and backing), raw
wood (bark and/or pulp), burlap, different fabrics and anything else
you can get your hands on that might be attractive to kitty feet. If
you provide a surface more attractive than the furniture, your cats
WILL use it.

Trimmed nails are less likely to do major damage if the cat is
scratching inappropriately, so I recommend trimming nails every two
weeks or so. Also, there is a product called Feliaway which will
encourage paw marking (scratching) which you can spray on your cat
tree to encourage appropriate scratching.

As for declawing, there are a few studies which show an increased
incidence of behavior problems in declawed cats, and long term
complications have been found in roughly 20% of cats declawed.
Inappropriate elimination is a common problem. Having participated in
the surgery and been the primary aftercare provider for cats and
kittens undergoing the surgery, I could never, in good faith,
recommend declawing any cat, of any age. (Prior to my experiences as
a vet tech, I though declawing was a benign surgery. Not any more.)

Good luck, and I hope you can find a solution which works for you.

-L.

paste

SoftPaws

Some people were asking about SoftPaws. I work at a vet, and apply
these things every day, to all kinds of cats. Here is my take:

after trimming, with a super-glue-like substance. They are used to
keep the kitty from scratching things that may be damaged by unaltered
nails.

****************

Pros:
They are really, really easy to apply if kitty cooperates, and will
let you trim her nails easily. They take about 5-8 minutes to apply,
once you get the hang of it.

They are relatively inexpensive (about $10-12/set, if applied at the
vet, and they last 1-3 months.) They are even less expensive if you
buy your own kit and apply them at home.

They do not interfere with normal claw usage, but protect things you
do not want scratched, fairly effectively.

Some cats do very, very well with them.

****************

Cons:

Some cats *detest* them, and will fight you tooth and nail (excuse the
pun) when you try to apply them.

Some cats pull them off easily.

The glue is very sticky, and will stick to and damage any surface it
encounters (including human skin).

If the glue touches any skin while wet (human or cat), it burns. It
is fairly caustic.

Some cats are allergic to the glue.

If the nail is trimmed too short, the glue can damage the nail bed,
which results in a crusty/ill formed nail, when the nail grows out.
They work best of the nail is trimmed fairly short, and if the glue is
applied in the inner 2/3 of the cap, before application.

The caps need to be fitted properly. Many technicians tend to use
caps that are too large, and then the cat is constantly fighting with
the caps, as they "feel" awkward. (Or they chew them off!) One cat
may need more than one size of caps to accomodate all nails on the
foot (e.g. mediums on all nails except 'pinky", which needs a small).

The caps need to be applied quickly after the glue is applied...the
glue dries very quickly. This can be tricky for beginners.

****************

Overall impression: I think trimming nails often (every 1-2 weeks) is
a better, more wholistic solution to scratching problems, than
Softpaws. If you are unable to do this, SoftPaws may be a solution
for you. Overall, it is a good product, but may not be good for every
cat.

frigamia February 19th 04 03:39 AM

Wow, thank you so much for sharing that. I've been arguing with my mom over
declawing or not declawing. She grew in the thinking that declawing was ok.
And I know it is not. So I try to convince her that it's not a thing to do.
You just gave me very good arguments there. Thank you very much :)

Mia

m...

frigamia February 19th 04 03:45 AM

When we adopted Misha, we built her a cat tree... We used two kind of
surfaces but one is not so accessible. We were lucky enough though, She
loves her tree... I'll post a picture on alt.binaries.pictures.animals for
the ones who wish to see it. It was great fun to make, and Misha made it her
property. Since she arrived in the family 9 years after the others, it
wasn't necessarily easy for her to find a place that would belong to her. So
her tree helped with that. When she wants peace, she sleeps on the top
"shelf" ... The tree also has enough carpet and high enough for her to
stretch and scratch (which she does at times) :)

Mia

"Meghan Noecker" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:11:32 GMT, (Mark Healey) wrote:

They have a cat stand that they ignore.

What surface does your cat prefer to scratch? It could be that you
need a different kind of cat tree for him.

In my house, Kira prefers rug; Maynard prefers bare wood, and Chase
prefers sisal rope and cardboard.

So, we have a tall cat tree with wood on the bottom and rug on top. We
have a cardboard scratcher toy on the floor. That takes care of
everybody. Recently, I bought my nephew a new cat tree for his bedroom
to encourage his cat to spend more time in there. It has rug and sisal
rope.

Also, something that is really important with cat scratchers. They
need to be tall enough for cats to stretch. Many of them ones sold in
stores are way too short. Some are not very sturdy, and some may be
2-3 feet high, but with the shelf design, there isn't a tall vertical
for them to stretch into when the scratch.

The best kinds are the ones that go all the way to the ceiling. They
tend to have a good 3 feet of vertical post before the first shelf, so
plenty of scratching space, and then the shelves are vert tempting
since cats like to be high up.

Other good cat trees are the ones with multiple posts. They don't have
to hook up the ceiling since they have a wide base and good weight to
be sturdy. And usually, one or two of the posts are a good 3-4 feet
high.

We used to have one of the 2 feet ones, and it moved when the cat
scratched. So, they just didn't like it.

You can entice them with catnip and other treats. And reward them for
good scratching. You can also take a water bottle to deter them from
the furniture.

I've had cats all my life, and we really haven't had a problem with
scratching. They love those cat trees and they don't have any interest
in the furniture, other than napping.

Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
http://www.zoocrewphoto.com

Mark Healey February 19th 04 04:16 AM

I decided against declawing. It seems mean and they are really good
about peeing appropriately.

I decided to buy them. Not as easy as one would think. I checked the
web sites of pet(smart/co) to see if they carried them. They both
claimed to, at $2.00 more than you can get them from the manufacturer.
I went to the first store and it turns out that they only sell them
on-line, bummer. The second one only had clear ones. I bought them
anyway. $18.00 seems like a lot of money for $.50 worth of plastic
and two tubes of crazy glue. Hopefully they'll become popular enough
for someone to knock them off and drive the price down.

I'm not sure if I got the right size. I bought large because people
are always saying "gee, your cats are huge" and when they jump on me
from 6 feet off the ground I make a noticeable "oof" sound.

Applying them wasn't easy. It was no more difficult than trimming
their nails but they don't like that either. It's amazing how bendy
they are when they want to escape. I did manage to get them on.

I'm not sure about their choice of plastic. It looks and feels like
polyethylene which is pretty close to inert. Hell, that's what they
put crazy glue in.

The first thing they tried to do was chew them off, so far, without
success. I put some wet food down to distract them for a while to
give the glue a chance to really set.

I'll post the results after a whole day tomorrow.

One question fro Mia. Can vets buy them by the hundreds to get a
deal.

frigamia February 19th 04 03:50 PM

"Mark Healey" wrote in message

One question fro Mia. Can vets buy them by the hundreds to get a
deal.

I think this question goes to L

Mia :)

frigamia February 19th 04 03:55 PM

"frigamia" wrote in message

"Mark Healey" wrote in message

One question fro Mia. Can vets buy them by the hundreds to get a
deal.

I think this question goes to L

Or to your vet...

Mia

Mary February 19th 04 04:25 PM

"Mark Healey" wrote in message
I decided against declawing. It seems mean and they are really good
about peeing appropriately.

It is worse than mean, and you are a lovely person for understanding
that.

I decided to buy them. Not as easy as one would think. I checked

the
web sites of pet(smart/co) to see if they carried them. They both
claimed to, at $2.00 more than you can get them from the

manufacturer.
I went to the first store and it turns out that they only sell them
on-line, bummer. The second one only had clear ones. I bought them
anyway. $18.00 seems like a lot of money for $.50 worth of plastic
and two tubes of crazy glue. Hopefully they'll become popular

enough
for someone to knock them off and drive the price down.

I think training and trimming are easier. You do have to be patient
and persistent. A great deal of it lies in providing something they
would rather have at. I just bought my girl one of those $14.99 sisal
trays for the floor and she never goes near the couch any more.

Mary February 19th 04 11:10 PM

I decided against declawing. It seems mean and they are really good
about peeing appropriately.

I didn't see your original post. Here are some tips on helping them scratch
appropriately.

1. Hopefully he likes catnip. If so, rub it all over the scratching post.
Scratch the post yourself, if he still doesn't use it, take his little paws and
scratch the post with them and tell him he's a good kitty. Remember to
associate positive things with acceptable clawing and negative things with
unacceptable clawing.

2. Try a scratching mat. Some prefer horizontal over vetical surfaces.

3. Try sisal, rug, cardboard, fabric... covered trees or mat. You can get cheap
thin door mats and staple gun them to a cat tree. Use canvas if he really likes
fabric. Be sure the stapes go vertical like this "|" and not horizontal like
this "--" so they don't get their claws stuck in there.

4. Put double sided tape where he likes to scratch. They won't like the
stickiness. They may then scratch a few inches over from the tape so be
prepared to add more. Keep no. 5 in mind when using the tape.

5. Don't let him in that room where he scratches when you're not around. When
you're around stand gaurd with a squirt gun and squirt him from a distance when
he scratches the furniture. If he's real persistent, put a little bit of
vinegar in the squirt gun. You can also yell "NO!" when he scratches there. I
also like to take him away from that area instantly and take him to the
scratchy tree, hold his paws and help him scratch while praising him. Make it a
fun experience, don't hold him forcefully or he'll fear the kitty tree. Make
everything associated with the kitty tree positive. I sometimes will put a
scratchy tree close to the furniture they are clawing so they have a nearby
alternative.

6. Put vinegar where he scratches. They don't like the smell.

7. Try some of that cat away spray.

8. Try a scat mat where he is scratching.

9. Get rid of fabric furniture with vertical fabric sides. Get THICK leather or
wood sofa and chairs.

10. Try soft paws.

11. Try trimming his claws every ten days. Some do once a week.

12. Whenever you see him clawing appropriately, praise and reward him lavishly.
Continue to praise him forever or he may get lazy.

13. Try Feliway to calm them down.

14. Make sure your cat tree is tall and heavy enough. Big kitties will topple a
small light one with a small base. I put weights on the bottom of mine. I get
the big ones. I also have a multi-tier cat tree they like to rip up.

15. Try this product, a cat tree that attaches to the side of your couch.
http://www.birminghamind.com/Scratchaway/index.html

d w a c o n February 20th 04 12:42 AM

Good thing I have that extra set of pliers in the garage. Here kitty...

--
The generation that used acid to escape reality
Is now using antacid to deal with reality

Robert Casey February 20th 04 06:50 AM

Applying them wasn't easy. It was no more difficult than trimming
their nails but they don't like that either. It's amazing how bendy
they are when they want to escape. I did manage to get them on.

I'm not sure about their choice of plastic. It looks and feels like
polyethylene which is pretty close to inert. Hell, that's what they
put crazy glue in.

Hopefully they breathe so the paws don't get all sweaty, wet and fungus-y.

As for scratching posts, my father built a big one with a base about 2
feet square
and in teh center a 4 inch square post about 3 feet tall. Which was
covered with
carpet. Our cat liked to hop to the top of the post, as it gave him a
good view of
the room. When he was a kitten, he'd run and hop to the top. Well, as
he grew
he got more massive and could run faster as well. Well, he hoped to the
top, but
his body mass kept going and the post tipped over.... No, he didn't
get hurt, but
he did learn to not run so fast first.

Mark Healey February 20th 04 07:36 AM

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 06:50:05 UTC, Robert Casey
wrote:

Day 2 and they are still on. I'm still catching them trying to remove
them, doing a pretty hard mouth yank. I suspect the trick is to keep
them on long enough so that they will think that they are a natural
part of their feet.

Mary February 20th 04 05:08 PM

When he was a kitten, he'd run and hop to the top. Well, as
he grew
he got more massive and could run faster as well. Well, he hoped to the
top, but
his body mass kept going and the post tipped over.... No, he didn't
get hurt, but
he did learn to not run so fast first.

This is why I anchor my cat trees and scratchy posts. I generally put one part
of the base under a heavy armoir, foot of the couch or brace it against the
wall. I also put my 10 lb weights on the base so it won't tip over. My cat Mimi
likes to attack her tree as if she's doing football tackle training. She used
to be a bad cat scratcher, took me a month to train her not to scratch the
couch and to use the trees.

Alton February 20th 04 05:48 PM

pam (Mary) wrote in message ...

I didn't see your original post. Here are some tips on helping them scratch
appropriately.

4. Put double sided tape where he likes to scratch. They won't like the
stickiness. They may then scratch a few inches over from the tape so be
prepared to add more. Keep no. 5 in mind when using the tape.

5. ..... I also like to take him away from that area instantly and take him to the scratchy tree, hold his paws and help him scratch while praising him. Make it a fun experience, don't hold him forcefully or he'll fear the kitty tree. Make everything associated with the kitty tree positive. I sometimes will put a
scratchy tree close to the furniture they are clawing so they have a nearby
alternative.

14. Make sure your cat tree is tall and heavy enough. Big kitties will topple a
small light one with a small base. I put weights on the bottom of mine. I get
the big ones. I also have a multi-tier cat tree they like to rip up.

Everything you said really rings true. Early on, I had various
furniture and loveseats ripped up -- with great poufs of padding
blossoming out and shredded upholstery fabric. The ripping didn't
stop until I used tons of double-sided tape all over the backs, sides,
and arms of furniture for a month or two -- and also I got cat trees
and posts with various textures for scratching. I placed the cat
furniture (sprinkled with catnip at first) near my upholstered
furniture and placed the cat posts (rubbed with catnip) at entry
areas.

They like putting their scent on entry areas (e.g., door jambs, doors,
foyers, stair railings and newel posts) by scratching and/or rubbing
because their scent announces their presence and their right to live
here to all who enter. I haven't had a kitty scratch my upholstered
furniture since I first used the sticky tape and placed the cat
furniture in strategic places.

Alt.
http://www.lovethatcat.com

BarB February 21st 04 03:23 AM

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:16:23 GMT, (Mark Healey) wrote:

One question fro Mia. Can vets buy them by the hundreds to get a
deal.

My vet ( Dallas) charges $19.95 plus an additional $10 if you want a
tech to apply them and teach you how to do it. Petsmart sells them for
$14.95.

BarB

m. L. Briggs February 21st 04 06:14 AM

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 04:26:37 GMT, Laura R.
wrote:

circa Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:36:36 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Mark Healey ) said,
Day 2 and they are still on. I'm still catching them trying to remove
them, doing a pretty hard mouth yank. I suspect the trick is to keep
them on long enough so that they will think that they are a natural
part of their feet.

They're too large. I know I said this already, but if the cats are
noticing them, it's because they're on too large and they're covering
too much of the claw. They should only cover the part of the claw
that sticks out when the claws are *retracted*.

Laura

I had Soft Paws put on TuTu twice. The first time the Vet used medium
size because TuTu is a big cat. She decided to use the small size the
second time. She did trim the nails first. TuTu apparently learned
her lesson about being so quick to scratch. I do not have the Soft
Paws on her now. She never bothers the furniture, but has several
scratching posts.

Cheryl March 9th 04 05:18 PM

"Michael Stokes" wrote in message
WHAT THE HELL HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH LOVE?

What's love got to do [got to do] with it?

AK March 9th 04 06:30 PM

Thank goodness declawing is illegal in the UK. I cannot undertsnad why
anybody would want to barbarically mutilate a cat

Karen M. March 10th 04 03:31 AM

Cheryl wrote:
"Michael Stokes" wrote in message

WHAT THE HELL HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH LOVE?

What's love got to do [got to do] with it?

Okay, Cheryl - this time it was PBR!!!! ;)

IBen Getiner March 10th 04 10:32 AM

"AK" wrote in message ...
Thank goodness declawing is illegal in the UK. I cannot undertsnad why
anybody would want to barbarically mutilate a cat

To bring it into a civilized home, of course. I wonder how many KITTY
LIVES you stupid mentally ill liberals are responsible for damning to
the needle? That's what you're doing, you know... If declawing were
illegal here in the States, who would adopted or bring in a cat? No
one who values what they have worked to provide, anyway.
Oh, I'm sure you and your type will say that people would go on just
the same, but nobody I know (including me) would stand for it. You
people are nut-cases. Everybody has known someone like you... Who,
after paying you a visit, secretly laughs and jokes all the way home
about how shredded everything in you house was! And don't think that
it doesn't happen, because it does. I've done it.
Yes, YOU are the reasons for tens of thousands of unadopted cats in
you own backwards, dilapidated museum-of-a-country, and now you want
to spread your sickness to ours. Thank God that we still have PLENTY
in the veterinarian field that have no problem with dealing in sanity
whatsoever.
We just had our boy stripped of his rear claws when we got our new
leather furniture. What do you think about that? He doesn't need them,
because WE take care of him. It is the price a cat will have to pay to
live in the comparative luxury of our home. He's just fine, by the
way. Frisky as a little lamb, so you couldn't be more wrong. He still
thinks he's got his claws, too. Always 'sharpening' them on one thing
or another! Only our 'one things' aren't SHREDDED like yours!
I hope this has helped you to "understand" a little better. If not
for its content, perhaps your own mind...?

IBen

IBen Getiner March 10th 04 10:35 AM

"AK" wrote in message ...
[...]

in the veterinarian field who have no problem whatsoever dealing in sanity.

Cheryl March 11th 04 12:36 AM

"Michael Stokes" dumped this in
news:69O3c.3810$re1.2063@newsfe1-win on 10 Mar 2004:

Whats love?

Love Hurts.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
"Michael Stokes" wrote in message
WHAT THE HELL HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH LOVE?

What's love got to do [got to do] with it?

--
Cheryl

I am a very happy person. It's just that I have no patients for
stupidity.
- IBen Getiner

Patrick March 11th 04 12:45 AM

Love scars http://users.cis.net/sammy/lovehurt.htm

Karen M. March 11th 04 05:47 PM

Cheryl wrote in message ...
"Michael Stokes" dumped this in
news:69O3c.3810$re1.2063@newsfe1-win on 10 Mar 2004:

Whats love?

Love Hurts.

Actually, Love Bites... ;)

Wolfie1030 March 13th 04 09:56 PM

To bring it into a civilized home, of course. I wonder how many KITTY
LIVES you stupid mentally ill liberals are responsible for damning to
the needle? That's what you're doing, you know... If declawing were

Are you serious? I agree with the previous poster -- I cannot believe someone
would still declaw their cats. UK is obviously more advanced than we are. I
have numerous cats and I cannot imagine mutilating them. Their cat scratchers
work just fine -- thank you. You really think it is about declawing them or
sending them to a needle??????? You call that civilized? I believe there are
a LOT of cat lovers who are quite civilized and do not declaw their cats. I
believe there are too many cats because people don't neuter or spay. Thank God
for the wonderful animal sanctuaries out there -- need more of them to educate
the public how to treat animals and be civilized.

IBen Getiner March 19th 04 08:50 AM

(Wolfie1030) wrote in message ...
To bring it into a civilized home, of course. I wonder how many KITTY
LIVES you stupid mentally ill liberals are responsible for damning to
the needle? That's what you're doing, you know... If declawing were

Are you serious?

Can you read or can you not? Our cat has had all 20 claws removed and
he is perfectly happy and healthy, much to your distress I'm quite
sure. Just like everybody else I know who has an inside cat, by the
way. I know 15 couples who've had their cats declawed. As a matter of
fact, the only person I know who hasn't had it done to her cats is the
BAG LADY who lives in a TRASH HEAP down at the end of my old street.
She's a nut-case just like you.

I agree with the previous poster -- I cannot believe someone
would still declaw their cats.

Why can you not believe it...? It is a time-tested long-standing
procedure that never got any flack until you PC bleeding hearted
pansy-azzed liberal CREEPS took note of it.

UK is obviously more advanced than we are. I
have numerous cats and I cannot imagine mutilating them.

Yet you needlessly spay and neuter your inside cats on a regular
basis. Why... how civilized of you!

Their cat scratchers
work just fine -- thank you.

Why? If they live inside, they don't need them anymore. What's the
problem with people like you? I'll tell you what... It's the same with
your delinquent troublemaking twisted kids.. You can't bear to see
something or someone having to obey any kind of rule. You can't stand
to see LIMITS imposed. Your cancerous sear is now branded on almost
every social situation imaginable.
It's like this.... The cat is YOUR PROPERTY. You can mold him or
change him as you see fit. THAT is the truth. The only truth that
matters anyway, since that's just what we do when we feel we have to.

You really think it is about declawing them or
sending them to a needle???????

No. You missed the point. I'm saying that if declawing were made
illegal, many many cats that would otherwise be adopted into people's
homes would not be adopted. No one I know would have their prize
possessions destroyed just so they could have an animal come into
their homes, and a destructive one at that. Cats are ALL down-right
destructive until you take those claws away, and you know it. They use
them for EVERYTHING, no matter how trivial.
This is the price that our cat had to pay in order to be taken into
our warm, dry and comfy home from THE COLD WET FRIGGIN' STREET! It was
either that, or he'd be picked up one day and most likely euthanized,
or hit and killed by a car or brutalized by the neighborhood dogs.
You people.... you just don't THINK.

You call that civilized? I believe there are
a LOT of cat lovers who are quite civilized and do not declaw their cats.

Keep on believing, you stupid jerk. Who would be stupid enough to live
with a lawless animal that has no limits put on his 'freedoms' and has
20 needle sharp daggers with which to slice and dice your furniture
and stereo equipment into tatters..? only mentally ill liberal-minded
FOOLZ like you.
That's a whole lot, now that I think about it. Scary. I mean,
SOMEBODY voted Clinton into office twice, didn't they..? Lots of
people bought pet rocks, too.

believe there are too many cats because people don't neuter or spay. Thank God
for the wonderful animal sanctuaries out there -- need more of them to educate
the public how to treat animals and be civilized.

You are a NUT.

Respectfully yours...

IBen Getiner