CatBanter

-   -   Cat predation studies (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=15958)

Alison January 28th 04 09:14 PM

Cat predation studies

Hi ,
Does any one have or know where I can find or read copies of
Professor Robert May's cat predation study in the English village of
Felmersham , Bedford and the Churcher and Lawton study. There are lots
of references on Google to the C&L study but not the real thing.
I'm not trolling , I have to write an essay about cat predation for a
cat behaviour course-:)
Alison

Cheryl January 28th 04 09:42 PM

Alison wrote in on 28 Jan 2004:

Hi ,
Does any one have or know where I can find or read copies of
Professor Robert May's cat predation study in the English village of
Felmersham , Bedford and the Churcher and Lawton study. There are lots
of references on Google to the C&L study but not the real thing.
I'm not trolling , I have to write an essay about cat predation for a
cat behaviour course-:)
Alison

Sounds fascinating. If you don't mind, would you share your essay when
you're finished? I know that is asking a lot with this crowd lol You're
likely to be picked to pieces, but I'd love reading it. Maybe you can
share it off-group.

--
Cheryl

Trapped like rats. In a chia-pet.
MIB II

Alison January 28th 04 09:45 PM

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Alison wrote in on 28 Jan

2004:

Sounds fascinating. If you don't mind, would you share your essay

when
you're finished? I know that is asking a lot with this crowd lol

You're
likely to be picked to pieces, but I'd love reading it. Maybe you

can
share it off-group.

LOL I will if I can find the information but it won't cover Northern
America. I'm sure it can be discussed in civilised manner. heh.
Alison

Sharon Talbert January 28th 04 10:19 PM

I may have some information for you, in my references at home. If you are
interested, email me there (address below) with an address I can reply to.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats

Yngver January 28th 04 11:54 PM

Alison" wrote:

Does any one have or know where I can find or read copies of
Professor Robert May's cat predation study in the English village of
Felmersham , Bedford and the Churcher and Lawton study. There are lots
of references on Google to the C&L study but not the real thing.
I'm not trolling , I have to write an essay about cat predation for a
cat behaviour course-:)

You may have to go to a library, but here's the citation:
PB Churcher and JH Lawton, 1987, "Predation by domestic cats in an English (UK)
village. Journal of Zoology. (London.)

Something this old may not be available online.

Alison January 28th 04 11:57 PM

"Sharon Talbert" wrote in message
ashington.edu...

I may have some information for you, in my references at home. If

you are
interested, email me there (address below) with an address I can

reply to.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats

Thanks Sharon , I'll do that .
The actual question is to review data and I would like to compare one
of these studies with a recent article by the RSPB.
Alison