CatBanter

-   -   OT/ Weird messages (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20423)

KellyH November 29th 04 06:47 PM

OT/ Weird messages

Is anyone else seeing these weird messages that appear to be posted by ng
regulars? They will often be posted after a normal post.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Mary November 29th 04 06:57 PM

"KellyH" wrote in message
Is anyone else seeing these weird messages that appear to be posted by ng
regulars? They will often be posted after a normal post.

--

Yes--it is a bot, like HipCrime, used generally to
disrupt groups. The content is usually nonsense, as

Dave McKeon November 30th 04 05:19 PM

So I was not going mad after all

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Mon 29 Nov 2004 01:47:13p, KellyH wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:R8Kqd.415849$wV.214527@attbi_s54):

Is anyone else seeing these weird messages that appear to be
posted by ng regulars? They will often be posted after a normal
post.

Was there more than two? Looks like someone is testing a bot. Years
ago in another group I read, my initiation into Usenet involved
HipCrime. Posts by the hundreds of thousands. Hard to filter out,
too. lol God I love Usenet. :)

--
Cheryl