CatBanter

-   -   Wilbur (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113511)

Christina Websell June 25th 17 03:59 AM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Joy[_3_] June 25th 17 06:56 AM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Often we aren't the ones who get to choose.

Cheryl[_5_] June 25th 17 01:04 PM

Wilbur

On 2017-06-25 12:29 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

What's his name?

After poor Sam died so young, I thought I'd get another cat of course,
but not yet. Maybe after a year or even longer. Only a few months later
I decided to visit a shelter, and found a new cat to bring home. It's
not always easy to predict when or if you'll be ready for a new cat.

--
Cheryl

MaryL June 26th 17 01:37 AM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you
think he is?

MaryL

Chris H[_3_] June 26th 17 02:47 PM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Awww... Concatulations! How old is he? What color?

Purrs-

Chris and Oreo

Christina Websell June 26th 17 11:54 PM

Wilbur

Christina Websell June 27th 17 12:03 AM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you think
he is?

I know how old he is, he'lll be 7 in September. I don't want a kitten. I
might not be alive in 20 years. He's proving to be quite difficult. I
haven't had a full nights sleep since i got him.

MaryL

MaryL June 27th 17 12:32 AM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you think
he is?

I know how old he is, he'lll be 7 in September. I don't want a kitten. I
might not be alive in 20 years. He's proving to be quite difficult. I
haven't had a full nights sleep since i got him.

MaryL

In what way is he difficult, and why can't you sleep? Does he make a
lot of noise at night or run around your bedroom? Part of it may be
just a matter of each of your getting used to the other. I remember
that Boyfriend would not use a litter box indoors. Have you tried that
with Wilbur?

MaryL

Christina Websell June 27th 17 12:32 AM

Wilbur

"Chris H" wrote in message
I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Awww... Concatulations! How old is he? What color?

Purrs-

Chris and Oreo

He's 6 nearly 7 and he's black and white.

Cheryl[_6_] June 27th 17 11:55 AM

Wilbur

On 2017-06-26 8:33 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you think
he is?

I know how old he is, he'lll be 7 in September. I don't want a kitten. I
might not be alive in 20 years. He's proving to be quite difficult. I
haven't had a full nights sleep since i got him.

It took months for Kerry and Cinnamon to settle down, and even now it's
more a case of each having their own zone than sweet affection between
adopted sisters. Cinnamon's zone is the bedroom, and she always wants
lots of petting when I go to bed, often arriving for her petting by
walking up the length of my body, putting paws in sensitive places.
Once, when I forgot to ensure Kerry was out of the bedroom before I
settled down for the night, I was woken up by Kerry bouncing off my
head. I think she was going for a kind of three-point jump - bedside
table 1, me, bedside table 2. There's reasons she's shut out of the room
at night, and it's not only because she pesters poor Cinnamon!

Kerry was probably a year old when I got her almost exactly a year ago
now. I chose an adult cat too. Cinnamon is probably about 11 or 12; and
was about 4 when she moved in.

--
Cheryl

jmcquown[_2_] June 28th 17 12:17 PM

Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Welcome Wilbur!

Jill

dgk July 2nd 17 02:49 PM

Wilbur

On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 03:59:59 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

I just got back from the cruise and read about Wilbur. So, how did you
end up with him? What's his story - was a housecat who lost his home?
That's always so sad.

Christina Websell July 30th 17 10:39 PM

Wilbur

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Welcome Wilbur!

Jill

Unfortunately his mum decided she wanted to keep him after all and took
him back after I'd had him for a month. so I just got to do respite for a
dificult cat, paid for his food, litter, bought him toys etc and got him
taken away.
Angry? Yes.

Christina Websell July 30th 17 10:49 PM

Wilbur

wrote:

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

I just got back from the cruise and read about Wilbur. So, how did you
end up with him? What's his story - was a housecat who lost his home?
That's always so sad.

His mum took him back :-( However I now have two new girlies. litter
sisters aged just 6. Same as wilbur, exotic persians. I've only had them a
week, they are just settling in. A young child developed an allergy to
them. Can't take them back, I've bought them.

MaryL July 31st 17 12:24 AM

Wilbur

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Welcome Wilbur!

Jill

Unfortunately his mum decided she wanted to keep him after all and took
him back after I'd had him for a month. so I just got to do respite for a
dificult cat, paid for his food, litter, bought him toys etc and got him
taken away.
Angry? Yes.

Personally, I don't think she had any right to take him back. Once she
gave him to you and turned his care over to you, I would consider Wilbur
to be yours and not hers. What a rotten thing for her to do!

MaryL

MaryL July 31st 17 12:31 AM

Wilbur

wrote:

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

I just got back from the cruise and read about Wilbur. So, how did you
end up with him? What's his story - was a housecat who lost his home?
That's always so sad.

His mum took him back :-( However I now have two new girlies. litter
sisters aged just 6. Same as wilbur, exotic persians. I've only had them a
week, they are just settling in. A young child developed an allergy to
them. Can't take them back, I've bought them.

I just wrote a message about Wilbur, but I'm very glad to hear that now
you have two girls (and they belong to you permanently).

MaryL

Chris H[_3_] August 1st 17 02:16 PM

Wilbur

wrote:

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

I just got back from the cruise and read about Wilbur. So, how did you
end up with him? What's his story - was a housecat who lost his home?
That's always so sad.

His mum took him back :-( However I now have two new girlies. litter
sisters aged just 6. Same as wilbur, exotic persians. I've only had them a
week, they are just settling in. A young child developed an allergy to
them. Can't take them back, I've bought them.

Aww...sorry you lost Wilbur, but concatulations on the new girls! What
color are they? Hope they settle in well!

Purrs-

Chris and Oreo

jmcquown[_2_] August 1st 17 05:54 PM

Wilbur

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Welcome Wilbur!

Jill

Unfortunately his mum decided she wanted to keep him after all and took
him back after I'd had him for a month. so I just got to do respite for a
dificult cat, paid for his food, litter, bought him toys etc and got him
taken away.
Angry? Yes.

Oh boy... I'd be angry, too!

Jill

jmcquown[_2_] August 1st 17 05:56 PM

Wilbur

wrote:

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

I just got back from the cruise and read about Wilbur. So, how did you
end up with him? What's his story - was a housecat who lost his home?
That's always so sad.

His mum took him back :-( However I now have two new girlies. litter
sisters aged just 6. Same as wilbur, exotic persians. I've only had them a
week, they are just settling in. A young child developed an allergy to
them. Can't take them back, I've bought them.

That's better! What are their names? Any chance of photos?

Jill