CatBanter

-   -   Mega colon (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=72610)

Rhonda July 6th 06 04:02 AM

Mega colon

Anyone had a cat with this?

What did you do and how long did it take the cat to get going again?

We've (we and the vet) been working with one of our cats for 3 days now.
I feel so sorry for the cat.

Rhonda

gleep July 7th 06 03:25 AM

Mega colon

My vet prescribed a 10 percent Cisapride solution. .5cc twice a day,
and 2.5cc of Lactulose twice a day. It seems to have started working
in less than a week and my (rather small) cat has been in fine
condition for about three years now.

Rhonda July 7th 06 06:57 AM

Mega colon

Thanks for the reply.

Those 2 medications are what Sweeter is on, too.

That's good to know that she recovered and is doing well now. This is a
bit scary -- it's going on so long. She is eating very little and is
losing so much weight.

It really is good to know that your cat is doing well!

Thanks,

Rhonda