CatBanter

-   Cat rescue (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Humane trap (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=77418)

Keith Dunbar \(2\) January 10th 07 10:15 AM

Humane trap

I know this is the wrong newsgroup, but you may be able to help.

My daughter lives in York, and has rabbits on her allotment, which she would
like to trap humanely and relocate. I'm struggling to find a source of a
trap for her to borrow in her location. Any help would be gratefully
received.

Thanks

Keith

John Ross Mc Master January 10th 07 04:21 PM

Humane trap

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:15:15 GMT, "Keith Dunbar \(2\)"
wrote:

I know this is the wrong newsgroup, but you may be able to help.

My daughter lives in York, and has rabbits on her allotment, which she would
like to trap humanely and relocate. I'm struggling to find a source of a
trap for her to borrow in her location. Any help would be gratefully
received.

Thanks

Keith

I thought your European foxes controlled the rabbits? But if you want
a trap, phone your local RSPCA and ask. They will send you in the
right direction.

[email protected] January 10th 07 06:39 PM

Humane trap

In article ,
"Keith Dunbar \(2\)" wrote:

I know this is the wrong newsgroup, but you may be able to help.

My daughter lives in York, and has rabbits on her allotment, which she would
like to trap humanely and relocate. I'm struggling to find a source of a
trap for her to borrow in her location. Any help would be gratefully
received.

Thanks

Keith

There are many kinds of live traps. Google "live trap", and you will
see. Most farm supply and hardware stores carry live traps. As someone
else pointed out, many humane organizations will lend traps or rent them
cheaply, if you don't want to buy one.

The best way to choose one is to look over the different models
available and see how they work. Some manufacturers have devised ways to
make it easier and safer to release the trapped animal. Others make it
easier to feed and water trapped animals if there will be a time lag
before release.

Responsible live trapping requires the trapper's attention and presence.
For instance, you cannot humanely set a live trap and then not check it
for two days. If you or your daughter is new to live trapping, talk to
experienced trappers to find out how to do it responsibly and
effectively.

[email protected] January 12th 07 04:35 PM

Humane trap

wrote:

My daughter lives in York, and has rabbits on her allotment, which she would
like to trap humanely and relocate. I'm struggling to find a source of a
trap for her to borrow in her location. Any help would be gratefully
received.

There is a simple trap which you can build. If you reply and have not got one
already I will try and make a drawing and email it to you.

Reply to redgreen202 at yahoo

[email protected] January 12th 07 04:40 PM

Humane trap

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:39:56 -0600, lid wrote:

In article ,
"Keith Dunbar \(2\)" wrote:

I know this is the wrong newsgroup, but you may be able to help.

My daughter lives in York, and has rabbits on her allotment, which she would
like to trap humanely and relocate. I'm struggling to find a source of a
trap for her to borrow in her location. Any help would be gratefully
received.

Responsible live trapping requires the trapper's attention and presence.
For instance, you cannot humanely set a live trap and then not check it
for two days. If you or your daughter is new to live trapping, talk to
experienced trappers to find out how to do it responsibly and
effectively.

Yes, we had a trap and sometimes things would get in there that we weren't
trying to catch - squirrels, cats, our own cat :) . Other things that we didn't
catch but could- skunks, racoons, possums. So check it a couple times a day so
you don't catch some neighbor's cat or something else.

RapidRonnie January 21st 07 07:38 PM

Humane trap

A better solution is that presented in the classic film, "The Misfits."