CatBanter

-   -   Boyfriend & Simon (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=102886)

Christina Websell November 11th 10 05:22 PM

Boyfriend & Simon

Simon is an ex-counsellor & befriender I had, provided by my workplace. I
was bullied by a manager when my performance fell when my mother was found
dead, but apparently it's OK to do that as long as they were seen to do the
correct thing by providing a counsellor after bullying me into clinical
depression.

Anyway, I'm fine now, thanks to Simon and he visits me occasionally. Simon
is the only person that Boyfie does not flee from.
So yesterday, when the doorbell sounded Boyfie did not move from his chair
where he was snoozing. Normally if anyone knocks on the door or rings the
bell he is off to the back door to escape.
I knew it was Simon, but I can't see how he did.
We talked for ages with Boyfie asleep but twitching his ears. Just before
Simon went home Boyfie got up, went over to Simon and invited an ear scritch
which he got.
The only person in the world who he ever allowed to touch him except
myself.
Tweed

NettieCat November 11th 10 09:25 PM

Boyfriend & Simon

On Nov 11, 5:22*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

He sounds nice, cats can usually suss people out pretty well.

Jeanette

Christina Websell November 11th 10 10:23 PM

Boyfriend & Simon

wrote:
[...]

---------

What I want to know is why Boyfie did not head for the hills when the
doorbell rang - he always does.
But no.
Unless he has the power to sniff through walls and know it was Simon (who
was thrilled that Boyfie allowed him a scritch after 6 or 7 years)
Tweed

CatNipped[_4_] November 11th 10 10:59 PM

Boyfriend & Simon

Actually, it's their hearing that conveys that information - everybody walks
in slightly different pace and movement. I can tell you, from personal
experience, that they can also recognize vehicle. Archer will be laying in
bed for me and, when he hears Ben pulling up to the house he becomes alert
and watches the door for Ben to come through. He only does it when it's
Ben - other vehicles pulling up to the house doesn't interest him more than
a flicker of an ear.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Granby November 12th 10 12:36 AM

Boyfriend & Simon

I know you hate meowchat so, to quote what my cats would say "Cats just know
these things;" Like how they can know the mailman is coming when they are
still out in the street. They just know.

Julie_Snowshoe[_2_] November 12th 10 04:03 AM

Boyfriend & Simon

On Nov 11, 5:59*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Actually, it's their hearing that conveys that information - everybody walks
in slightly different pace and movement. *I can tell you, from personal
experience, that they can also recognize vehicle. *Archer will be laying in
bed for me and, when he hears Ben pulling up to the house he becomes alert
and watches the door for Ben to come through. *He only does it when it's
Ben - other vehicles pulling up to the house doesn't interest him more than
a flicker of an ear.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

I agree with Lori. Ours can tell the difference between dh's GTO and
the neighbor's RX-7, when they are at the street and our house is 250
yards from the road. The only reason I know this is because they
always lift their heads even from a sound sleep when he turns into the
driveway (Hobbes, Sam and Lacey would(will) go to the kitchen where
Rusty will enter the house). Halfway down the driveway he hits the
garage door opener which tells me he's home. I can hear the RX-7 when
it arrives at their house and the cats won't twitch an ear.

Julie

Lesley November 12th 10 09:57 AM

Boyfriend & Simon

On Nov 12, 7:42*am, "Storrmmee" wrote:
partly telepathic i am sure, and partly YOUR behavior,or smell or whatever,

Dave says Sarsi and Dunzi both sit up and head for the door just
before I put my key in the front door downstairs so it can't be that
they can smell me or hear my footprints

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Adrian[_2_] November 12th 10 02:02 PM

Boyfriend & Simon

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Simon is obviously a very special person.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Adrian[_2_] November 12th 10 02:04 PM

Boyfriend & Simon

Lesley wrote:
On Nov 12, 7:42 am, "Storrmmee" wrote:
partly telepathic i am sure, and partly YOUR behavior,or smell or whatever,

Dave says Sarsi and Dunzi both sit up and head for the door just
before I put my key in the front door downstairs so it can't be that
they can smell me or hear my footprints

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

See! Even the cats say you smell. eg