CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Finding a tom cat for breeding... (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21568)

Mikey July 18th 04 09:59 PM

Finding a tom cat for breeding...

Hi there!

Does anyone here know how I would go about finding a tom cat in the UK
(London) for breeding with my cat?

Mikey

kaeli July 19th 04 03:06 PM

In article ,
enlightened us with...
Hi there!

Does anyone here know how I would go about finding a tom cat in the UK
(London) for breeding with my cat?

If you have a pure breed, go with the breed registry. Find a tom that
fits well with your cat. Breeding is supposed to make better cats.
Research your breed. Talk to other breeders. Go to cat shows. Get a good
vet. Know your cat's strengths and weaknesses so you can get the
compliment from the tom. If your cat has faults, don't choose a tom with
the same faults.

If you don't have a pure breed, why are you looking to make yet more
moggies when so many are homeless? I don't know the exact stats for
homeless kitties in the UK, but I know you have them, and I know that
millions (literally) are killed here in the states every year for lack
of homes. The world has lots and lots of moggies already. As long as
irresponsible people exist, there will always be cats needing homes. For
every kitten you place, one could have been adopted from a shelter.
Please don't breed if you have a moggie. Even if you have a pure breed,
if she isn't exemplary, she shouldn't be bred anyway.

HTH

~kaeli~
Murphy's Law #3020: Quality assurance doesn't.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Cat Protector August 20th 04 06:14 PM

You must be kidding?! Isn't there enough cats awaiting adoption in the
shelters due to overpopulation? This is either a troller or someone who is
one of those supporting overpopulation.

.. .