CatBanter

-   -   Science Diet question... (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=14836)

ChakaShiva December 2nd 03 02:30 PM

"Steve Crane" a écrit dans le message de news:
I don't know now, its been long since I've been there. I do like to go

in
town most of the time where I can get all my organic stuff.
Its an exceptionnal case. Its a supermarket in a very small town that

is
close to their people and I suppose someone asked for a bag, they

ordered
two and never sold the other. But even so, in remote areas such as

mine,
rotation of these products is likely to be very slow, even when sold at

the
vet. I remember last year going to the vet to ask for samples of SD

and
they only had one flavor of canned to offer.

Elaine

Elaine can you give us the name of the town and the retailers name?

Why Steve, I admire your devotion to your work. I might.
What exactly do you want to do?

Elaine

GAUBSTER2 December 2nd 03 04:13 PM

Well, IMO, if they were really on the ball, they would not be advocating a
dry
food diet for a carnivore.

Why do millions of cats thrive on dry commercial diets? You've never answered
that question and it blows you out of the water. That is mostly all that I've
ever fed my own personal cats and they never had any health problems. But
again, you're focused only on ingredients, since apparently you aren't
sophisticated enough to wrap your brain around the whole concept of nutrients.

Yngver December 2nd 03 05:36 PM

olitter (PawsForThought) wrote:

Colgate owns Hill's Pet Nutrition, but Hill's Pet is it's own company.

Don't
you think there is some synergy between clinically proven dental diets and
the
expertise of Colgate in the dental category? Or is that a bad thing?

Well, IMO, if they were really on the ball, they would not be advocating a
dry
food diet for a carnivore.

I expect the reason nearly all pet food manufacturers produce both dry and
canned foods is that it would be pretty difficult to convince the public to
give up the convenience of dry food. From a consumer demand point of view, it
makes sense for a company to offer both. And it seems none of them have thought
of a way yet to make a dental diet canned food, since most of the dental diets
work--if they do--by the "scrubbing" effect of the cat biting down into a large
piece of kibble.

I'm sure that when dry cat food was introduced, it was marketing as a great
convenience, and many people still think of it that way.

PawsForThought December 2nd 03 08:13 PM

From: ospam (Yngver)

(PawsForThought) wrote:

[...]

Good point. I think dry food is probably pretty close to sliced bread in the
convenience department :)

Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe

Steve Crane December 2nd 03 08:37 PM

Joe Canuck wrote in message ...

What part of Canada are you in?

Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec... about 500 miles straight north of Montreal.

When I order, the food takes less than a week to arrive at the vet. So
the order time is great, but the product I get seems to have been
sitting around for a while.

I ordered two bags each within a week of each other. The SD Adult
Chicken which we have been discussing, and a bag of SD Nature's Best...
the expiry on that bag is "BEST BEFORE 07 2004 K17171455 PN"

Now, I noticed at a store in town a rather sorry looking 8.5 lb bag of
Science Diet Nature's Best. The bag was sitting on the floor by the
door. This was the end of October, the expiry date was November the next
month. Clerk tried to convince me to buy the bag which I didn't.

Yikes, I should have known, another dang Quebecois like my son in law.
My youngest daughter just married a really terrific young man from
Gatineau and is living in Hull Quebec nowdays, finishing her college
at U of Ottawa - Only a few hundred miles south of you. :-)

The dating you are getting is a couple months behind typical US
dating, so there must be some warehousing activity in Mississaugua. I
sent an email to a friend at Hill's Canada and confirmed that
typically warehousing is about 2-3 months behind US. Part of this
apparently due to import and export regulations I have no clue about.
Apparently they feel it is appropriate to keep a 2-3 month supply on
hand in case of any import export issues that might arise.

PawsForThought December 2nd 03 09:12 PM

From: (GAUBSTER2)

Well, IMO, if they were really on the ball, they would not be advocating a
dry
food diet for a carnivore.

Why do millions of cats thrive on dry commercial diets? You've never
answered
that question and it blows you out of the water. That is mostly all that
I've
ever fed my own personal cats and they never had any health problems. But
again, you're focused only on ingredients, since apparently you aren't
sophisticated enough to wrap your brain around the whole concept of
nutrients.

LOL!!!! You have absolutely NO concept about feline nutrition. You have ZERO
credibility. It's a total waste of time to talk to you about feline nutrition
because you don't even know what it is.
________