CatBanter

-   -   Lynxie sometimes meows in his sleep when I sneeze (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=22722)

Zorin the Lynx December 23rd 04 01:51 AM

Lynxie sometimes meows in his sleep when I sneeze

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his
sleep. The first time, I thought it might have been a coincidence
because I couldn't see how a sneeze could induce a sleep-meow, but now
that it's happened numerous times I must wonder...

Anyone else have cats that do this? It's a really strange meow, too,
sorta a cross between a trill and a meow. Of course, I encourage such
cute behavior. }:)

-Z

--
Ned Flat: "Why are you acting like this??"
Yakko: "We're not acting. We really are like this."

Karen Chuplis December 23rd 04 03:05 AM

in article , Zorin the Lynx at
wrote on 12/22/04 7:51 PM:

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his
sleep. The first time, I thought it might have been a coincidence
because I couldn't see how a sneeze could induce a sleep-meow, but now
that it's happened numerous times I must wonder...

Anyone else have cats that do this? It's a really strange meow, too,
sorta a cross between a trill and a meow. Of course, I encourage such
cute behavior. }:)

-Z

That's a new one. He is blessing you :)

Mishi December 23rd 04 04:01 AM

"Zorin the Lynx" wrote in message

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his sleep.

Hi Z!

Several of my cats will do this, in particular Sasquatch and Bear - but only
if my hubby sneezes. I guess I don't rate as much attention here!

Patti

Mathew Kagis December 23rd 04 07:08 AM

"Zorin the Lynx" wrote in message

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his
sleep. The first time, I thought it might have been a coincidence
because I couldn't see how a sneeze could induce a sleep-meow, but now
that it's happened numerous times I must wonder...

Anyone else have cats that do this? It's a really strange meow, too,
sorta a cross between a trill and a meow. Of course, I encourage such
cute behavior. }:)

Chablis twiches in her sleep... I assume she's chasing mice in her REM
sleep world. At first, it suprised me, now I just chuckle, knowing she just
got a big one.
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Kreisleriana December 23rd 04 02:27 PM

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 04:01:15 GMT, "Mishi"
yodeled:

"Zorin the Lynx" wrote in message

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his sleep.

Hi Z!

Several of my cats will do this, in particular Sasquatch and Bear - but only
if my hubby sneezes. I guess I don't rate as much attention here!

Patti

Stinky makes the cutest little noises in his sleep, especially if I
scritch him. But never saw him react to sneezes except when awake.
When he was a little feller, he used to try to look in my mouth to see
where in tarnation that noise came from.;)

Theresa

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) December 23rd 04 10:53 PM

Zorin the Lynx wrote:

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his
sleep. The first time, I thought it might have been a coincidence
because I couldn't see how a sneeze could induce a sleep-meow, but now
that it's happened numerous times I must wonder...

Anyone else have cats that do this? It's a really strange meow, too,
sorta a cross between a trill and a meow. Of course, I encourage such
cute behavior. }:)

I suspect he's simply saying "Don't bother me, I'm sleeping!"

-Z

[email protected] December 23rd 04 11:01 PM

Kreisleriana wrote:

never saw him react to sneezes except when awake.
When he was a little feller, he used to try to look in my mouth to see
where in tarnation that noise came from.;)

Mine either run away (or look like they're about to), or glare at me.
So sympathetic.

Joyce

Marina December 24th 04 07:02 AM

Zorin the Lynx wrote:

Anyone else have cats that do this? It's a really strange meow, too,
sorta a cross between a trill and a meow. Of course, I encourage such
cute behavior. }:)

Nikki often reacts to my coughing or sneezing, though I can't remember
now if she's done it when asleep. When I cough, she answers with a
cough-like sound. It's so cute. I think she thinks it means something,
and tries to agree with me. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

mlbriggs December 28th 04 12:39 AM

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:53:07 -0800, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Zorin the Lynx wrote:

When I sneeze, and Lynxie's in deep sleep, he sometimes meows in his
sleep. The first time, I thought it might have been a coincidence
because I couldn't see how a sneeze could induce a sleep-meow, but now
that it's happened numerous times I must wonder...

Anyone else have cats that do this? It's a really strange meow, too,
sorta a cross between a trill and a meow. Of course, I encourage such
cute behavior. }:)

I suspect he's simply saying "Don't bother me, I'm sleeping!"

-Z

Or perhaps he is saying "God bless you" MLB