CatBanter

-   -   Pregnant feral cat update (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=26516)

Charlie Wilkes April 22nd 05 10:11 AM

Pregnant feral cat update

Today she abandoned her hidey-hole and perched on the stub wall that
encloses the shower cabinet. She stayed there all day. I went in the
bathroom several times and took some pictures, and she didn't budge.

I got a better look at her when she was sitting in front of the nanny
cam, and she looks pregnant alright. She is eating well.

I posted a couple of new pix at:

www.geocities.com/wallofgrays/catcam.htm

Charlie

Karen April 22nd 05 02:41 PM

Poor girl looks totally freaked, but then again, she is out in the open
which is pretty good. She will probably come to adore you in time. Thanks
for the update.

Karen

Priscilla Ballou April 22nd 05 04:05 PM

In article ,
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

Today she abandoned her hidey-hole and perched on the stub wall that
encloses the shower cabinet. She stayed there all day. I went in the
bathroom several times and took some pictures, and she didn't budge.

I got a better look at her when she was sitting in front of the nanny
cam, and she looks pregnant alright. She is eating well.

I posted a couple of new pix at:

www.geocities.com/wallofgrays/catcam.htm

Oh, man! That wide-eyed feral look. She's doing well to be out in the
open like that, though.

Priscilla
--
"You can't welcome someone into a body of Christ and then say only
certain rooms are open." -- dancertm in alt.religion.christian.episcopal

-L. April 22nd 05 05:40 PM

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
Today she abandoned her hidey-hole and perched on the stub wall that
encloses the shower cabinet. She stayed there all day. I went in

the
bathroom several times and took some pictures, and she didn't budge.

I got a better look at her when she was sitting in front of the nanny
cam, and she looks pregnant alright. She is eating well.

I posted a couple of new pix at:

www.geocities.com/wallofgrays/catcam.htm

Charlie

Poor little owl-eyed girl! It's good that she's coming out of hiding.
:) Does she growl at you, at all?

-L.

mlbriggs April 22nd 05 06:20 PM

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:11:40 +0000, Charlie Wilkes wrote:

Today she abandoned her hidey-hole and perched on the stub wall that
encloses the shower cabinet. She stayed there all day. I went in the
bathroom several times and took some pictures, and she didn't budge.

I got a better look at her when she was sitting in front of the nanny cam,
and she looks pregnant alright. She is eating well.

I posted a couple of new pix at:

www.geocities.com/wallofgrays/catcam.htm

Charlie

Poor baby! She looks scared. We are purring that she soon learns to trust
you and that she can have her babies peacefully. MLB

Mary April 22nd 05 06:32 PM

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
Today she abandoned her hidey-hole and perched on the stub wall that
encloses the shower cabinet. She stayed there all day. I went in the
bathroom several times and took some pictures, and she didn't budge.

I got a better look at her when she was sitting in front of the nanny
cam, and she looks pregnant alright. She is eating well.

I posted a couple of new pix at:

www.geocities.com/wallofgrays/catcam.htm

Charlie, that terror-stricken look on her face just
tears at my heart. She surely looks like a true feral.
If she comes to love you--and I bet she will--she
might prove to be the sweetest cat you have ever had.

Mary April 22nd 05 06:36 PM

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:11:40 +0000, Charlie Wilkes wrote:

Today she abandoned her hidey-hole and perched on the stub wall that
encloses the shower cabinet. She stayed there all day. I went in the
bathroom several times and took some pictures, and she didn't budge.

I got a better look at her when she was sitting in front of the nanny

cam,
and she looks pregnant alright. She is eating well.

I posted a couple of new pix at:

www.geocities.com/wallofgrays/catcam.htm

Charlie

Poor baby! She looks scared. We are purring that she soon learns to trust
you and that she can have her babies peacefully. MLB

She really looks like she just knows that Charlie is going to kill and
eat her.

Charlie Wilkes April 22nd 05 11:11 PM

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:32:57 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
.. .
Today she abandoned her hidey-hole and perched on the stub wall that
encloses the shower cabinet. She stayed there all day. I went in the
bathroom several times and took some pictures, and she didn't budge.

I got a better look at her when she was sitting in front of the nanny
cam, and she looks pregnant alright. She is eating well.

I posted a couple of new pix at:

www.geocities.com/wallofgrays/catcam.htm

Charlie, that terror-stricken look on her face just
tears at my heart. She surely looks like a true feral.
If she comes to love you--and I bet she will--she
might prove to be the sweetest cat you have ever had.

Her anxiety eats at me too, because it is a form of acute suffering.
I don't like doing it this way, and I'm not trying to make her into a
pet. As you say, she is a true feral. I want to help her with some
things she can't do for herself and then release her. If she decides
to warm up to me, that will be a nice bonus.

Charlie

Mary April 22nd 05 11:45 PM

[...]

But Charlie, she is meant to be a pet. :) It is just by a nasty
accident of fate and irresponsible humans that this pretty
girl was on her own. No matter whether she warms up
or not, whether you keep her or let her go after you
have her spayed, she will be better off. One less--
actually many less, including her kittens--suffering
cat in the world. Way to go. I want to see those
kittens!!!

KellyH April 23rd 05 01:40 AM

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote
Her anxiety eats at me too, because it is a form of acute suffering.
I don't like doing it this way, and I'm not trying to make her into a
pet. As you say, she is a true feral. I want to help her with some
things she can't do for herself and then release her. If she decides
to warm up to me, that will be a nice bonus.

She may become less freaked out after she has the babies and she's spayed.
Many regular housepet pregnant and mother cats get really freaky, all the
hormones in their system and the overwhelming urge to defend their kittens.
It's really a good sign that she's out from the hidey-hole. When I first
brought Antonio home (he's semi-feral), I didn't see him for a week, unless
I went looking for him. Once she starts seeing you as the source of food,
this will start her warming up to you. You may also try having a radio on a
calm station in the bathroom a few hours a day, so she gets used to sounds
and human voices.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net