CatBanter

-   -   Cat Tails (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27552)

bigbadbarry May 25th 05 08:29 PM

Cat Tails

The neatest thing...

I knew cats had good control over their tails,
but last night, Ruprecht and I was laying in the floor
and he startedt his thing with his tail...
like he was tickling my leg with the end of it...

he'd dangle it over my leg...then barely touch it..
and jiggle it...like we might do with our finger you know..
he did this a few times.

I didn't know he had such command over that thang!

I heard someone say, cats also use thier tails to lure in
boids and things.

Well, it was neato.

Mary May 25th 05 09:35 PM

"bigbadbarry" wrote in message
The neatest thing...

I knew cats had good control over their tails,
but last night, Ruprecht and I was laying in the floor
and he startedt his thing with his tail...
like he was tickling my leg with the end of it...

he'd dangle it over my leg...then barely touch it..
and jiggle it...like we might do with our finger you know..
he did this a few times.

I didn't know he had such command over that thang!

I heard someone say, cats also use thier tails to lure in
boids and things.

Well, it was neato.

Sometimes it is as though Cheeky is petting me with hers, so I know what you
mean.

John Ross Mc Master May 25th 05 10:20 PM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 15:29:37 -0400, "bigbadbarry"
wrote:

The neatest thing...

I knew cats had good control over their tails,
but last night, Ruprecht and I was laying in the floor
and he startedt his thing with his tail...
like he was tickling my leg with the end of it...

he'd dangle it over my leg...then barely touch it..
and jiggle it...like we might do with our finger you know..
he did this a few times.

I didn't know he had such command over that thang!

I heard someone say, cats also use thier tails to lure in
boids and things.

Well, it was neato.

They are very proud of their tails. My Cinder will usually hold her
tail upright like a squirrel does. (Except when she's stalking me.)

[email protected] May 26th 05 12:08 AM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 19:29:37 UTC, "bigbadbarry"
wrote:

I didn't know he had such command over that thang!

Ruf has always used his tail to express fondness. For example, we
started out playing a game that I called "Touch your tail", where he
would run close by my lounge chair and challenge me to touch his tail
as he passed. That faded. He now comes alongside the chair expecting
me to touch his tail. And, best of all, he tries to become an
anaconda and wrap his tail around my arm.

--
My cat and I are very much alike: we're both gray, we're both fat,
and we both dig in his litter box.