CatBanter

-   -   6 month old Kitten FIV+ with Anemia (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20346)

Karleen November 16th 04 01:22 PM

6 month old Kitten FIV+ with Anemia

I have a 6-month-old Kitten named Graycie, about 3 months ago I found
out, she was FIV+, and the vet at the time said I just needed to take
a proactive approach with her.

Well about a month or so ago she started to get sick, I took her to
the vets, and they gave her Hi-Vita drops and Clavamox, this has
happened twice.

So last week I took her to get spayed and had per-op testing done and
find out that her red blood cells are way low less then 10,000 - so
she has anemia.

The vet did mention a blood transfusion but said that it would only
prolong her life for a few weeks at best.

Well today, I am taking her to a new vet that suggested Interferon,
but does not know how it will work with her since she has the anemia
too.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? I do not
want to do this and it just would make her worse off.

Thanks,
Karleen