CatBanter

-   -   Before commercial cat food..... (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=13454)

Kitten M September 23rd 03 03:09 PM

Before commercial cat food.....

Please help my research for cat food. =A0 Before lots of people started
feeding their cat commercial cat food, (crunchy type or canned food)
what were they feeding their cat?
Is there such a thing like a traditional "home made" cat food? =A0

If you were living with a cat/cats back in those days, what did you
usually end up feeding them?

Thank you very much for your help!

Marie

PawsForThought September 23rd 03 04:01 PM

From: (Kitten M)

Please help my research for cat food. =A0 Before lots of people started
feeding their cat commercial cat food, (crunchy type or canned food)
what were they feeding their cat?
Is there such a thing like a traditional "home made" cat food? =A0

If you were living with a cat/cats back in those days, what did you
usually end up feeding them?

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi Marie,
I feed my cats a homemade diet and having been doing so for almost 4 years.
They are thriving on it. I have a link in my signature for more information.

Lauren
________
See my cats:
http://community.webshots.com/album/56955940rWhxAe

Mary September 23rd 03 04:37 PM

"Kitten M" wrote in message
Please help my research for cat food. Before lots of people started
feeding their cat commercial cat food, (crunchy type or canned food)
what were they feeding their cat?
Is there such a thing like a traditional "home made" cat food?

Sure. It's called "table scraps." Dogs lived on it too, somehow.

Alison Perera September 23rd 03 05:16 PM

In article ,
"Mary" wrote:

"Kitten M" wrote in message
Please help my research for cat food. Before lots of people started
feeding their cat commercial cat food, (crunchy type or canned food)
what were they feeding their cat?
Is there such a thing like a traditional "home made" cat food?

Sure. It's called "table scraps." Dogs lived on it too, somehow.

I believe that for the most part, cats have historically been kept to do
a job: pest control. As a result they were generally expected to feed
themselves if they were successful at their job. Puss probably got the
occasional bowl of fresh warm milk by the hearth, and was quite loved,
but until our society had acquired a certain amount of luxury you
couldn't probably afford to have an animal that didn't pull its own
weight.

-Alison in OH