CatBanter

-   -   She gobbled (pardon the pun) it down! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=84446)

jmcquown November 22nd 07 04:45 PM

She gobbled (pardon the pun) it down!

Gave Persia her Fancy Feast turkey in gravy for American Thanksgiving this
morning along with her usual r/x kibble. You'd have thought she was a
vacuum cleaner! Wham! It was gone! LOL

I'll have to see about getting the r/x gooshy food again. She didn't care
for it when she was first put on this special diet. But maybe now that
she's been without gooshy food for so long she might like it. I'll have to
see if I can just buy a can or two, rather than a case. IIRC, that first
case pretty much went to waste since she'd take a couple of bites and then
not eat. I wound up throwing most of the food in her bowl away (and
certainly couldn't afford to do that!). She does love the dry x/d kibble,
though. Thankfully.

Jill

Hazel Az[_2_] November 22nd 07 07:54 PM

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Gave Persia her Fancy Feast turkey in gravy for American Thanksgiving this
morning along with her usual r/x kibble. You'd have thought she was a
vacuum cleaner! Wham! It was gone! LOL

I'll have to see about getting the r/x gooshy food again. She didn't care
for it when she was first put on this special diet. But maybe now that
she's been without gooshy food for so long she might like it. I'll have
see if I can just buy a can or two, rather than a case. IIRC, that first
case pretty much went to waste since she'd take a couple of bites and then
not eat. I wound up throwing most of the food in her bowl away (and
certainly couldn't afford to do that!). She does love the dry x/d kibble,
though. Thankfully.

Jill

Awww, she had a great Thanksgiving dinner. Of course she's going to want
more...

Hazel Az

Kreisleriana[_2_] November 22nd 07 11:04 PM

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Gave Persia her Fancy Feast turkey in gravy for American Thanksgiving this
morning along with her usual r/x kibble. You'd have thought she was a
vacuum cleaner! Wham! It was gone! LOL

I'll have to see about getting the r/x gooshy food again. She didn't care
for it when she was first put on this special diet. But maybe now that
she's been without gooshy food for so long she might like it. I'll have
see if I can just buy a can or two, rather than a case. IIRC, that first
case pretty much went to waste since she'd take a couple of bites and then
not eat. I wound up throwing most of the food in her bowl away (and
certainly couldn't afford to do that!). She does love the dry x/d kibble,
though. Thankfully.

Jill

HAPPY TANKSGIVIN MISS PERSIA!!!!!!!! WE IS HAVIN LOTSA FUN TODAY. LOTSA
GOOD SMELLS! NOT JUST DA BIG BIRD, DA UDDER STUFFS 2!!!!

LUV DANTE

Well, yes, he's basically right. ;)
Best regards, your friend Stinky

jmcquown November 23rd 07 02:09 AM

Hazel Az wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Of course! Unfortunately, after the surgery for her chrystalline oxolate
formations in her bladder (and a small tumor) she isn't supposed to eat this
stuff. So once a year is about all she can hope for, poor baby.

Granby November 23rd 07 02:23 AM

She gobbled (pardon the pun) it down!

When piglet had to eat soft gooshy food, for awhile and hated it, I would
pour some canned broth over it. They take most of the fat out of it and it
was enough to make her think it was something different.

jmcquown November 23rd 07 02:29 AM

Granby wrote:
When piglet had to eat soft gooshy food, for awhile and hated it, I
would pour some canned broth over it. They take most of the fat out
of it and it was enough to make her think it was something different.

True, but Persia eats prescription food. Hill's x/d. I suppose a little
homemade stock wouldn't hurt if she won't eat the wet stuff. But the vet
doesn't seem concerned that she doesn't eat gooshy food so I don't stress
over it. I've got enough to stress over without worrying about gooshy food.
When the vet says she needs it, that's what she'll get.