CatBanter

-   -   Cat-safe insecticide? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=89192)

John Hinson June 12th 08 10:20 AM

Cat-safe insecticide?

Hello,

Is anyone aware of a cat-safe insecticide or roach repellent?

Thanks.

AZ Nomad[_2_] June 12th 08 07:28 PM

Cat-safe insecticide?

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 05:20:34 -0400, John Hinson wrote:
Hello,

Is anyone aware of a cat-safe insecticide or roach repellent?

boric acid

Rene S. June 12th 08 08:16 PM

Cat-safe insecticide?

On Jun 12, 4:20*am, John Hinson
wrote:
Hello,

Is anyone aware of a cat-safe insecticide or roach repellent?

For ants: corn meal or grits. They eat it, can't digest it, and die.
Insects: mix a quart of water and a drop of dish soap. Spray on
affected plants.
To repell various critters, use peppermint essential oil or cinnamon
around the areas you don't want them coming in. They will stay away.

Ken[_4_] June 14th 08 06:47 PM

Cat-safe insecticide?

John Hinson wrote in
:

Hello,

Is anyone aware of a cat-safe insecticide or roach repellent?

Thanks.

I've used the little black cardboard roach poison devices from Combat,
Raid, etc. for decades. Works for me. My cats have never messed with them
or been harmed by them.