CatBanter

-   -   Friskies it is! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18357)

dgk June 25th 04 02:36 PM

Friskies it is!

I'm about to give up on trying to get the boys to eat healthy food.
I've never had cats that were so finicky. Even the few healthy foods
they liked before, like Wellness Chicken and Triumph Salmon no longer
make the grade. They just look at me like I'm insulting them and Nipsy
attempts to bury it by scraping porcelin off the bathtub.

They always have some Science Diet or Eukanuba or other supposedly
quality dry food around, usually two kinds, but I want them eating the
wet stuff as well. Neither is particularly starving to death; Nipsy is
16 lbs and Espy is 10-11. Jackie will eat just about anything wet.

This stuff all costs at least 70 cents a can (why is there no cents
key on a keyboard?) and I'm getting tired of flushing it away.

Any suggestions on some decent food that they won't shnub?

Karen June 25th 04 02:47 PM

"dgk" wrote in message
I'm about to give up on trying to get the boys to eat healthy food.
I've never had cats that were so finicky. Even the few healthy foods
they liked before, like Wellness Chicken and Triumph Salmon no longer
make the grade. They just look at me like I'm insulting them and Nipsy
attempts to bury it by scraping porcelin off the bathtub.

They always have some Science Diet or Eukanuba or other supposedly
quality dry food around, usually two kinds, but I want them eating the
wet stuff as well. Neither is particularly starving to death; Nipsy is
16 lbs and Espy is 10-11. Jackie will eat just about anything wet.

This stuff all costs at least 70 cents a can (why is there no cents
key on a keyboard?) and I'm getting tired of flushing it away.

Any suggestions on some decent food that they won't shnub?

Try Petguard Premium Feast, Chicken Stew , Beef Barley and Turkey Lite
flavors. They have been a pretty good success with my picky eaters. I can
get some at the health food store, otherwise I order it from
petfooddirect.com. It is about .89 per 3 oz. can but I don't throw hardly
any away, so I feel it is worth it.

Karen

J1Boss June 25th 04 02:50 PM

Any suggestions on some decent food that they won't shnub?

My cats love Trader Joe's and at .45 a can, it's a great deal.

Janet Boss
http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

dgk June 25th 04 04:39 PM

On 25 Jun 2004 13:50:37 GMT, (J1Boss) wrote:

Any suggestions on some decent food that they won't shnub?

My cats love Trader Joe's and at .45 a can, it's a great deal.

Janet Boss
http://bestfriendsdogobedience.com/
http://photos.yahoo.com/bestfriendsobedience

If you mean the 3oz cans (three kinds), yes, they do eat that and it
seems ok. Tongol Tuna and Shrimp or Crab. One of them is half liquid.

They do NOT like any of the 6oz cans.