CatBanter

-   -   Cinders visits TED (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=89752)

John F. Eldredge July 13th 08 12:53 AM

Cinders visits TED

I finally managed to get Cinders to TED for her checkup. She was supposed
to go a couple of weeks ago, but is fairly adept at reading my body
language and managed to evade me up until now. The vet said that she was
in good condition for a cat of about 12 years old (I am not her original
slave, and don't know her exact age). Her weight has gone down somewhat
from her last visit, a year ago. Last visit, she weighed 7 pounds six
ounces; this visit, she weighed 6 pounds 12 ounces. She got her rabies
inoculation, and a general examination, and I am supposed to bring her
back in 6 months for other inoculations.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Joy July 13th 08 01:11 AM

Cinders visits TED

I'm glad she seems to be doing well. Did the exam include a blood test?
Weight loss was Lindy's first (and only) symptom of a thyroid problem. She
is on medication for it, and gained back the lost weight.

--

Joy

If you don't have a sense of humor you probably don't have any sense at all.

Kylatte =^. .^=`[_2_] July 13th 08 01:34 AM

Cinders visits TED

"John F. Eldredge"...
I finally managed to get Cinders to TED for her checkup. She was supposed
to go a couple of weeks ago, but is fairly adept at reading my body
language and managed to evade me up until now. The vet said that she was
in good condition for a cat of about 12 years old (I am not her original
slave, and don't know her exact age). Her weight has gone down somewhat
from her last visit, a year ago. Last visit, she weighed 7 pounds six
ounces; this visit, she weighed 6 pounds 12 ounces. She got her rabies
inoculation, and a general examination, and I am supposed to bring her
back in 6 months for other inoculations.

That's good to hear :) Hope she can put on some more weight tho.
PUUUUUUUUUUUUURS
Kyla
--and hot Clowder

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Karen July 13th 08 06:46 AM

Cinders visits TED

On 2008-07-12 18:53:44 -0500, "John F. Eldredge" said:

I finally managed to get Cinders to TED for her checkup. She was
supposed to go a couple of weeks ago, but is fairly adept at reading my
body language and managed to evade me up until now. The vet said that
she was in good condition for a cat of about 12 years old (I am not her
original slave, and don't know her exact age). Her weight has gone
down somewhat from her last visit, a year ago. Last visit, she weighed
7 pounds six ounces; this visit, she weighed 6 pounds 12 ounces. She
got her rabies inoculation, and a general examination, and I am
supposed to bring her back in 6 months for other inoculations.

Keep an eye on that weight loss. Maybe get a baby scale. She is TINY!

John F. Eldredge July 13th 08 08:00 PM

Cinders visits TED

On 2008-07-12 18:53:44 -0500, "John F. Eldredge"
said:

I finally managed to get Cinders to TED for her checkup. She was
supposed to go a couple of weeks ago, but is fairly adept at reading my
body language and managed to evade me up until now. The vet said that
she was in good condition for a cat of about 12 years old (I am not her
original slave, and don't know her exact age). Her weight has gone
down somewhat from her last visit, a year ago. Last visit, she weighed
7 pounds six ounces; this visit, she weighed 6 pounds 12 ounces. She
got her rabies inoculation, and a general examination, and I am
supposed to bring her back in 6 months for other inoculations.

Keep an eye on that weight loss. Maybe get a baby scale. She is TINY!

The baby scale is a good suggestion. I hadn't thought of that; a
standard bathroom scale doesn't have the resolution to do much good for a
cat that small. I have dry kibble out for her all of the time; I have
tried giving her moist food, but she apparently doesn't recognize it as
something to eat. I suspect that she may have been the runt of her
litter.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

John F. Eldredge July 13th 08 08:01 PM

Cinders visits TED

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:11:30 -0700, Joy wrote:

I'm glad she seems to be doing well. Did the exam include a blood test?
Weight loss was Lindy's first (and only) symptom of a thyroid problem.
She is on medication for it, and gained back the lost weight.

She has blood tests scheduled for her next visit, in six months.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Christine K July 13th 08 09:08 PM

Cinders visits TED

On 2008-07-12 18:53:44 -0500, "John F. Eldredge"
said:

[...]

I usually weigh Laku by taking him in my arms and weighing both of us
and then just myself and calcucating the difference. I have a normal
digital scale.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Karen July 16th 08 05:47 AM

Cinders visits TED

On 2008-07-12 18:53:44 -0500, "John F. Eldredge"
said:

[...]

Check out these tips:
http://www.catinfo.org/#Transitionin...o_Canned_Food_

polonca12000 July 16th 08 10:52 PM

Cinders visits TED

John F. Eldredge wrote:
I finally managed to get Cinders to TED for her checkup. She was supposed
to go a couple of weeks ago, but is fairly adept at reading my body
language and managed to evade me up until now. The vet said that she was
in good condition for a cat of about 12 years old snip

I'm glad to hear that.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek