CatBanter

-   -   Bonnie's anniversary (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=27326)

Cheryl May 18th 05 04:18 AM

Bonnie's anniversary

Two years ago today I trapped this little wild girl. I was trying
to trap her and another cat that I discovered after finding my
trash can broken into. It was the snowiest winter we've had in MD
in a long time. I kept seeing little paw tracks and started putting
out food. And an insulated box for sleeping. I was surprised when I
started seeing a tiny solid black cat eating at the outside food
station. I called her Baby Shadow because she looked just like
Shadow. That Friday night that I trapped a big male, Megan talked
me through putting him into a cage that I had on hand (I was
fostering for the local SPCA at the time and had a show cage) and
resetting the trap to get Bonnie. She was trapped only about an
hour later. It was a busy Saturday morning getting both of them to
the clinic for ops. :)

The male was released; Bonnie was tiny so she stayed as a resident
of my downstairs bathroom until I could figure out what to do with
her. I couldn't find a feral rescue group that would take her, so a
long socialization process ensued.

Two years later, she is the sweetest cat that I can't pick up. The
male was adopted that summer with another stray here by a good
friend of mine who cherishes them and spoils them rotten.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

[email protected] May 18th 05 04:26 AM

Cheryl wrote:
[...]

Aww. Lucky Bonnie. Can't believe it's been 2 years. I was thinking
recently that it was a year ago Feb. that I got Biskit. That's hard to
believe too

Sherry

Karen May 18th 05 04:43 AM

in article , Cheryl at
wrote on 5/17/05 10:18 PM:

[...]

Wow. 2 years. Can you believe it? Happy Anniversary!

Candace May 18th 05 04:56 AM

Cheryl wrote:

Two years later, she is the sweetest cat that I can't pick up. The
male was adopted that summer with another stray here by a good
friend of mine who cherishes them and spoils them rotten.

Happy anniversary to you and Bonnie!

Candace

[email protected] May 18th 05 05:18 AM

Congratulations on two years! What a lucky girl. :)

-L. May 18th 05 06:25 AM

Cheryl wrote:
Two years ago today I trapped this little wild girl.

Awwww - enjoy your sweet girl!

-L.

KellyH May 18th 05 12:59 PM

"Cheryl" wrote
Two years later, she is the sweetest cat that I can't pick up. The
male was adopted that summer with another stray here by a good
friend of mine who cherishes them and spoils them rotten.

Happy Anniversary, Bonnie!

--
-Kelly

Cheryl May 18th 05 11:59 PM

On Tue 17 May 2005 11:26:31p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oups.com):

Aww. Lucky Bonnie. Can't believe it's been 2 years. I was
thinking recently that it was a year ago Feb. that I got Biskit.
That's hard to believe too

Time flies! Biskit has come a long way in the past year. :)

Oh, and OT but I found another litter of tiny bunnies in my yard
again. I walk around the yard and poke at likely hiding spots before
I cut the grass after finding those other 2. This litter was much
younger, maybe only days old, and the cutest little things! In the
years since I bought this house I've never seen so many tiny ones!

Cheryl May 19th 05 12:10 AM

On Tue 17 May 2005 11:43:15p, Karen wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

Wow. 2 years. Can you believe it? Happy Anniversary!

She and I thank you. :)

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Member #23694
Betty Street Team
http://www.PrayfortheSoulofBetty.com

Cheryl May 19th 05 12:12 AM

On Tue 17 May 2005 11:56:12p, Candace wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oups.com):

Cheryl wrote:

Two years later, she is the sweetest cat that I can't pick up.
The male was adopted that summer with another stray here by a
good friend of mine who cherishes them and spoils them rotten.

Happy anniversary to you and Bonnie!

Candace

Thank you!

Cheryl May 19th 05 12:14 AM

On Wed 18 May 2005 12:18:22a, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oups.com):

Congratulations on two years! What a lucky girl. :)

Thanks, and I'm the lucky one. :) She's such a treasure!

Cheryl May 19th 05 12:17 AM

On Wed 18 May 2005 07:59:50a, KellyH wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

"Cheryl" wrote
Two years later, she is the sweetest cat that I can't pick up. The
male was adopted that summer with another stray here by a good
friend of mine who cherishes them and spoils them rotten.

Happy Anniversary, Bonnie!

She says "mrow" and thanks! :)