CatBanter

-   -   Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=79393)

CatNipped April 12th 07 07:47 PM

Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

I had to go stock up on food for the girls. Before going to Wal-Mart I told
DH that I wouldn't be surprised if Fancy Feast had gone up alarmingly in
price from the usual US$0.45 per 3.5oz can. I was pleasantly surprised when
I found that FF had gone *DOWN* in price to US$0.40 per 3.5ox can!

Then I got to thinking about it - what a great sales ploy this was by
someone on Purina's staff. There are now untold numbers of pet owners
looking for an alternate food since their regular brand has been recalled.
By coming down in price, Purina can entice them to buy/try Fancy Feast
instead. They could get hundreds of thousands of new customers in the short
term. In the long term? Well, anyone who has tried it knows that once
you've given your cats Fancy Feast they'll turn their noses up at anything
else ever again (FF has been nicknamed here in this group and elsewhere
"kitty crack" because it is so addictive). Once they've hooked all those
new suck... erm, buyers, they can then go up on their prices and really make
a fortune!

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat April 12th 07 08:03 PM

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I had to go stock up on food for the girls. Before going to Wal-Mart I
told DH that I wouldn't be surprised if Fancy Feast had gone up alarmingly
in price from the usual US$0.45 per 3.5oz can. I was pleasantly surprised
when I found that FF had gone *DOWN* in price to US$0.40 per 3.5ox can!

Only in Houston! ;) Just kidding, but I do have such fond memories of
Houston.

Here, FF has gone up, unless we are just lagging behind.

By the way, my Petfoodirect order came with a bunch of
$1 off coupons for FF "gold" dry, I think it is called. If
anyone can use them, email me a mailing address.

CatNipped April 12th 07 08:20 PM

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I had to go stock up on food for the girls. Before going to Wal-Mart I
told DH that I wouldn't be surprised if Fancy Feast had gone up alarmingly
in price from the usual US$0.45 per 3.5oz can. I was pleasantly surprised
when I found that FF had gone *DOWN* in price to US$0.40 per 3.5ox can!

Only in Houston! ;) Just kidding, but I do have such fond memories of
Houston.

Here, FF has gone up, unless we are just lagging behind.

By the way, my Petfoodirect order came with a bunch of
$1 off coupons for FF "gold" dry, I think it is called. If
anyone can use them, email me a mailing address.

I would but.... I was using FF "gold" dry as cat treats since my four don't
go for "Pounce" or any of the usual suspects. They practically sit up and
beg for this, though. The trouble is, I can't give any FF "gold" dry to any
of my other cats without giving Sammy at least twice as much or more. If I
give her the same amount she'll vaccum up her share and then "nose out" her
sisters and eat theirs - and even with double or more a share she still
finishes before her sisters and will have to be distracted or restrained
from gobbling up theirs as well. Giving Sammy that much "treat" has
definitely added some unneeded ounces to her middle, so I've quit giving
them treats altogether (this is hard to do since Sammy will come along and
"bite" me or DH to get attention and then gaze soulfully at us to the point
of *almost* making her 18+ pound girth look like the image of a starving
waif!!! ;). You might try giving this as a treat to your underweight baby
(Gracie, not Boo, right?), I bet this would put a few ounces on her as well.

Hugs,

CatNipped

cybercat April 12th 07 08:48 PM

Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

"CatNipped" wrote

[...]

So they're good, eh? Maybe I'll try some for Gracie. Although, I think she's
meant to be pretty skinny. She has kind of a Siamese build. Nice to hear
from
you!

CatNipped April 12th 07 08:58 PM

Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote

[...]

Yep, and I've read the list of ingredients *VERY* carefully - it contains
*NO* wheat, wheat gluten, or any other wheat byproducts!

Although, I think she's
meant to be pretty skinny.

Yep, some cats are (I guess there's no reason there can't be endomorphic or
ectomorphic cats too, just like humans). DH and I joke that Demi has
anorexia nervosa (a typical "dumb blonde" valley girl obsessed with her
petite figure) - if it weren't for her long, *LONG* hair I don't think she
would cast a shadow! ;

She has kind of a Siamese build. Nice to hear from
you!

Yep, it's been a while - I've been too busy trying to put my life back
together to take time to cull the wheat from the chaff here in rpch+b (OK,
OK that was a bad analogy right now).

Anyway, how the heck are you?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Buddy's Mom April 12th 07 10:26 PM

Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

Fancy Feast Gold is made in very little pieces. My cat loves them -
and yes, you are correct! No wheat gluten!

Cat Protector April 15th 07 09:04 AM

Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

I wonder why people even feed their cats Fancy Feast. It's nothing but
garbage.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

Lynne April 15th 07 06:56 PM

Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 08:04:55 GMT, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

I wonder why people even feed their cats Fancy Feast. It's nothing but
garbage.

Post proof of your monotanous friggen claims, or STFU already.

--
Lynne

Lynne April 15th 07 07:17 PM

Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:11:40 GMT, "cybercat" wrote:

CP's a maroon. :)

I know, I know. Sometimes I like to poke the dimwit.

--
Lynne