CatBanter

-   -   The problem with Arthur...... (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12117)

Steve July 7th 03 05:37 PM

The problem with Arthur......

Hi

Our cat, yes he's white, has recently started to paw his eyebrow area.
He makes his face quite red and can cause bleeding.
We've had him in a 'lampshade' for a week to stop him and the problem
cleared. However, we've just took the collar off and he's done it again!

Why?
How can we stop him without the collar on permanantly?

He's generally happy, I think, and certainly well looked after.....

Alison

kaeli July 7th 03 07:16 PM

In article ,
shared the illuminating thought...
Hi

Our cat, yes he's white, has recently started to paw his eyebrow area.
He makes his face quite red and can cause bleeding.
We've had him in a 'lampshade' for a week to stop him and the problem
cleared. However, we've just took the collar off and he's done it again!

Why?
How can we stop him without the collar on permanantly?

He's generally happy, I think, and certainly well looked after.....

Alison

He may have allergies. Has the vet tried a cortisone injection or
steroidal ointment?
Does he go outside (I notice you are in the UK)? Might there be poison
ivy or poison oak or some such where he can get to? Is the garden
fenced? He may be able to get into something that makes him itch. Many
plants are toxic to cats.
Has he been checked for fleas, mites, and other skin irritating insects?

~kaeli~
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
Kill one man and you are a murderer.