CatBanter

-   -   Cost cutting in China: it's not just pet food... (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=79912)

Charlie Wilkes May 7th 07 04:27 AM

Cost cutting in China: it's not just pet food...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/wo...poison.html?hp

Luna's Mom[_2_] May 7th 07 04:31 AM

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/wo...poison.html?hp

Wow. Just wow.

Lilah Morgan May 7th 07 04:43 AM

Cost cutting in China: it's not just pet food...

Thanks for the link. I can't remember anything on the news about this when
the other incidents occurred years back. But I was a teenager then and not
prone to care about the news. I'm really glad we don't use over the counter
stuff except ibuprofen now.

cindys May 7th 07 05:43 PM

Cost cutting in China: it's not just pet food...

"RobZip" no wrote in message

And I can recall quite well being denounced as a 'racist' for calling the
Chinese out as the unscrupulous, morally bankrupt, unethical pieces of
**** they really are just a few months back. Need more proof? Kepp on
watching the news. I stand by my earlier assertions that the Chinese are
not fit to be players in a world market.

-----------
There are good people and bad people amongst all races. It is racist to
smear an entire nationality because of the criminal actions of a small
percentage.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

PawsForThought May 7th 07 05:56 PM

On May 7, 12:43 pm, "cindys" wrote:
There are good people and bad people amongst all races. It is racist
smear an entire nationality because of the criminal actions of a small
percentage.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

I quite agree. Let's not forget about some of the unscrupulous types
in our own countries.

Charlie Wilkes May 7th 07 07:55 PM

On Mon, 07 May 2007 12:30:16 -0500, RobZip wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/wo...poison.html?hp

And I can recall quite well being denounced as a 'racist' for calling
the Chinese out as the unscrupulous, morally bankrupt, unethical pieces
of **** they really are just a few months back. Need more proof? Kepp on
watching the news. I stand by my earlier assertions that the Chinese are
not fit to be players in a world market.

I think the crux of the problem is lack of a good regulatory system.
This kind of thing has happened all over the world. The reason we're
seeing so much of it out of China is because of how fast the country is
building out its industry.

Charlie