CatBanter

-   -   declawing (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=12015)

Linda E August 7th 03 01:20 AM

I keep my cats' whiskers..... (don't really know why...)

Linda

Linda E August 7th 03 01:20 AM

Bill Henderson August 7th 03 12:56 PM

I am not a cat lover but their would have to be some bloody good reason to
make me to maltreat a it.

Doesn't make sense. It should have said:

I am not a cat lover but there would have to be a bloody good reason to make
me maltreat it.

Sorry

Bill

Bill Henderson August 7th 03 05:19 PM

She said she *clips* their claws. You know, trims them - clips off the
needle-sharp points.

Cathy

--

Cathy
You are absolutely correct. Linda -SORRY!!!!!!!!!!

Off like a bull at a gate. Must stop and think. My only feeble excuse is
that I do tend to see red when I come across de-clawing. Again sorry.

Okay the claws can be out but not in an attack mode. They are still safe.

I think that kneading is used by kittens to encourage the mother to turn on
the taps for feeding. Perhaps it's a submissive signal when older?

Bill

Sherry August 10th 03 10:37 PM

I've always declawed my cats because they are always indoors and if I
don't, they will claw the furniture and me. Since I have expensive
furniture and don't want scars on me, I've found the declawing a cat
is the best way to accomplish our mutual goals.

Are you a person of diminished mental capacity? Because I have four cats, and
have neither shredded furniture, nor skin. In fact, most of the entire
continent of Europe also lives with clawed cats. We've managed to train them
not to scratch innappropriately. Why can't you?
Pity your cats.

Sherry

Relish August 10th 03 11:32 PM

D. Stephen Heersink wrote:
I've always declawed my cats because they are always indoors and if I
don't, they will claw the furniture and me. Since I have expensive
furniture and don't want scars on me, I've found the declawing a cat
is the best way to accomplish our mutual goals. Some extremists think
those of us who do such things are savages, but I don't care. I love
my cats, and my cats love me, declawed and all. But of course, they
are NEVER allowed out doors.

Surely, you're not serious.