CatBanter

-   -   How old must male cats be to father kittens? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=64454)

Momma Catt November 14th 05 10:27 PM

How old must male cats be to father kittens?

Does anyone know the approximate age when male cats can successfully father kittens?

Thanks,
Momma Catt

Joe Canuck November 15th 05 01:45 AM

Momma Catt wrote:

Does anyone know the approximate age when male cats can successfully
father kittens?

Thanks,
Momma Catt

Get him fixed. We already have more than enough kittens to go around.

DevilsPGD November 15th 05 01:57 AM

How old must male cats be to father kittens?

In message Momma Catt
wrote:

Does anyone know the approximate age when male cats can successfully
father kittens?

Ball park around six months.

--
Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a

Karen November 15th 05 02:15 AM

On 2005-11-14 19:57:12 -0600, DevilsPGD said:

In message Momma Catt
wrote:

Does anyone know the approximate age when male cats can successfully
father kittens?

Ball park around six months.

Operative words "ball park". It *can* easily happen earlier. Don't take
chances.

Momma Catt November 15th 05 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Canuck
Momma Catt wrote:

Does anyone know the approximate age when male cats can successfully
father kittens?

Thanks,
Momma Catt

Get him fixed. We already have more than enough kittens to go around.

Joe,

He IS fixed; I was only trying to determine if he might have been old enough before he was neutered to have fathered some of the kittens we are raising. A feral cat in our neighborhood left us her kittens and as they grow older they are really beginning to look like our "Mojo," who is a beautiful Maine Coon. My husband doesn't think he was old enough at the time, but I think he was. We get all our cats neutered, but the feral cats around here keep having kittens. The ones that have chosen to live with us get neutered, and the others are too wild to catch.....Believe me, I know about too many kittens.....

Mamma Catt