CatBanter

-   -   The two kittens return! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=98506)

dgk December 4th 09 02:08 PM

The two kittens return!

Jet took the two kittens away from their box by my front steps about
two weeks ago when they started walking around. It really isn't a good
place for exploring - too many cars and too much cement. She moved
them somewhere in the backyards.

I never know who is going to show up for the morning feeding when I go
to work. I can count on Scooter, who now lives in the box I built
originally for him - not the kittens. But this morning the whole
family showed up. Scooter, wife and mom Jet, and the two kittens, now
around 6 weeks old. Four bowls went out and everyone was eating away.

I got to pet both of the kittens and hold them for a few seconds. I
still can't get a hand on Jet. And she looks pregnant again. If it was
Scooter, that will be the last time since I had him fixed.

Scooter now has a mink wrap in his box, as well as a heating pad. I
don't turn that on unless the temperature drops below 40. I don't know
if I can really bring Scooter into my house since he clearly likes
being outside. But I expect that will change as the season moves on.
He may very well become my first indoor/outdoor cat.

I need to talk to my neighbors. One of them said someone was coming by
after Thanksgiving to TNR three of the cats. That's one reason I put a
collar on Scooter - he's been done. But clearly the TNR hasn't been
done yet.

And I guess we need to get the kittens to a shelter while they're
still so adorable and adoptable. It's tough when they're such a cute
family.

Kelly Greene December 8th 09 07:50 PM

The two kittens return!

"dgk" wrote in message
And I guess we need to get the kittens to a shelter while they're
still so adorable and adoptable. It's tough when they're such a cute
family.

I hope it's a no-kill shelter.