CatBanter

-   -   Male calico cat (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=20035)

KellyH October 19th 04 07:50 PM

Male calico cat

I saw my first male calico today! He was adopted last week at the shelter,
and we all thought he was a girl, being calico and all. We even shaved the
belly looking for a spay scar. The new adopter brought "her" back today to
be spayed. The vet did a look under the tail, and said he was a neutered
male!
The cat is absolutely beautiful and looks girly to me. I still can't
believe it's a boy!

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

kaeli October 19th 04 09:20 PM

In article cmddd.286072$3l3.9563@attbi_s03, enlightened
us with...
I saw my first male calico today! He was adopted last week at the shelter,
and we all thought he was a girl, being calico and all. We even shaved the
belly looking for a spay scar. The new adopter brought "her" back today to
be spayed. The vet did a look under the tail, and said he was a neutered
male!
The cat is absolutely beautiful and looks girly to me. I still can't
believe it's a boy!

Cool!

If I ever found one of these boys, I'd name him Klinefelter and call him
Kline for short.

/obscure?

~kaeli~
Hey, if you got it flaunt it! If you don't stare at someone
who does. Just don't lick the TV screen, it leaves streaks.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

KellyH October 20th 04 12:35 AM

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
I read somewhere that a male calico would probably be sterile. So maybe it
wasn't necessary to neuter him???

Sue

I read that too. Maybe they neuter just in case. I don't know if being
sterile would stop him from having other intact male behavior, like spraying
and fighting.

KellyH October 20th 04 12:36 AM

"kaeli" wrote in message
If I ever found one of these boys, I'd name him Klinefelter and call him
Kline for short.

/obscure?

For Klinefelter's syndrome, the XXY condition.

dgk October 20th 04 12:41 AM

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:20:21 -0500, kaeli
wrote:

In article cmddd.286072$3l3.9563@attbi_s03, enlightened
us with...
I saw my first male calico today! He was adopted last week at the shelter,
and we all thought he was a girl, being calico and all. We even shaved the
belly looking for a spay scar. The new adopter brought "her" back today to
be spayed. The vet did a look under the tail, and said he was a neutered
male!
The cat is absolutely beautiful and looks girly to me. I still can't
believe it's a boy!

Cool!

If I ever found one of these boys, I'd name him Klinefelter and call him
Kline for short.

/obscure?

--

Kleinfelder's syndrome? Somethin like that. Some mixup of boy and
girl. Nope, Kleinfelter is correct.