CatBanter

-   -   Milk (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=88563)

James May 10th 08 03:12 PM

Milk

Is lactose free milk for human a good substitute for the very
expensive milk for cats at the pet shop?

cshenk May 10th 08 05:15 PM

Milk

"James" wrote

Is lactose free milk for human a good substitute for the very
expensive milk for cats at the pet shop?

Good question! I don't really know. My guess is it's probably not
'optimal' due to a slightly different fat content but it may be 'acceptable'
if it's an adult cat and just being used as a treat. That seems safe enough
for a treat.

Buddy's Mom May 10th 08 08:07 PM

Milk

Cats do not need milk after they have been weaned. They should be
drinking only water.

Christina Websell May 10th 08 10:49 PM

Milk

"James" wrote in message
Is lactose free milk for human a good substitute for the very
expensive milk for cats at the pet shop?

This is something that I thought too a few months ago, so I gave it a go.
It worked fine, no upset tummies. Mine two have it as a treat.

news[_2_] May 11th 08 12:00 AM

Milk

"Buddy's Mom" wrote in message
Cats do not need milk after they have been weaned. They should be
drinking only water.

Just like humans!