CatBanter

-   -   How do I "set back" Amber? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=64050)

---MIKE--- October 29th 05 11:40 PM

How do I "set back" Amber?

Tonight we set the clocks back one hour. My problem is that Amber
usually wakes me up about 5AM. That's OK because I usually get up about
that time. Tomorrow (and for the next six months) what Amber thinks is
5 will actually be 4. I DON'T want to get up that early. I will
explain this to her but I doubt if it will do any good.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

.oO rach Oo. October 30th 05 12:24 AM

How do I "set back" Amber?

Our cats are triggered by the alarm in the morning. Now that the time will
change, they likely will as well. In saying that, my husband and I believe
the older cat has an atomic clock built in her as she will start fussing if
the alarm doesn't go off (like on weekends) and will give us 10 minutes to
get moving. If we do not, she starts eating my hair, meowing, scratching the
window screen etc. We just set her outside the door until she starts pawing
at that and we just give up.

Is your cat triggered by your alarm? If so, that may make things easier. If
not, I think she will likely take the hint.

--
..oO rach Oo.

Snittens October 30th 05 01:49 AM

How do I "set back" Amber?

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Tonight we set the clocks back one hour. My problem is that Amber
usually wakes me up about 5AM. That's OK because I usually get up about
that time. Tomorrow (and for the next six months) what Amber thinks is
5 will actually be 4. I DON'T want to get up that early. I will
explain this to her but I doubt if it will do any good.
----------------

I got an automatic feeder a few years ago to solve this problem. This takes
the association of being fed away from the humans and they learn that food
comes from the feeder. It's worked for the most part, they don't bug me so
much in the morning.

--
-Kelly

Lumpy October 30th 05 02:19 AM

How do I "set back" Amber?

"Diane" wrote:

Speak slowly. :)

No More Retail October 30th 05 07:16 AM

How do I "set back" Amber?

water filled spray bottle works every time

*
*
*
*
*
*

just kidding :-) maybe

CountryStuff October 30th 05 11:14 AM

How do I "set back" Amber?

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Tonight we set the clocks back one hour. My problem is that Amber
usually wakes me up about 5AM. That's OK because I usually get up about
that time. Tomorrow (and for the next six months) what Amber thinks is
5 will actually be 4. I DON'T want to get up that early. I will
explain this to her but I doubt if it will do any good.

*rubs eyes*, I uhh feel your pain !!
Me awake at ...well I have not changed the clocks back but its 5:12, so
really it's 4:12...grrrrrrrr. ;)
me over in N.E.O.

whitershadeofpale October 30th 05 02:24 PM

How do I "set back" Amber?

---MIKE--- wrote:
DON'T want to get up that early. I will
explain this to her but I doubt if it will do any good.

har har

bookbug2005 October 30th 05 08:12 PM

How do I "set back" Amber?

I've recently learned that my cat, Charley, is psychic. You see, I
just wasn't giving him the message the right way. He was fond of
meowing, not only in the morning, but whenever it suited his fancy,
which could be anywhere from 1-3AM. He thought that would be a great
time for me to get up and play. I decided he needed some negative
reinforcement, so when he meowed in the middle of the night, I nailed
him with my feather pillow. I did it two nights in a row and wondered
how long I'd have to give the lesson. ON the 3rd night, as I lay down,
I kept up the mantra in my head. "Keep your mouth shut or I'm going to
get you with the pillow" Charley hasn't meowed in the middle of the
night since. So now I don't have to throw the pillow, I just have to
think about it.

Michelle (Yes, I can hear the Twilight Zone music ;-)

whitershadeofpale October 30th 05 11:08 PM

How do I "set back" Amber?

bookbug2005 wrote:

Michelle (Yes, I can hear the Twilight Zone music ;-)

maybe he is...

but maybe he is just smart and got the message

hope you didn't hit him with the pillow and it knock him against an old
door stop and he hit his head or something

whitershadeofpale October 30th 05 11:14 PM

How do I "set back" Amber?

just kidding! :)