CatBanter

-   -   Measuring urine ph in cat litter? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=14908)

Al Kondo December 3rd 03 10:04 PM

Measuring urine ph in cat litter?

I am considering monitoring my cats urine ph to prevent later health
problems. I understand I can use a pool ph meter or, I imagine, one
used for gardening purposes. My question is... Can I measure the ph
of the urine in the cat litter (I use clay litter)? If the litter
has a base ph.... Is there a way of measuring the urine ph while
accounting for the "base" ph?

Thanks, Al Kondo

Yngver December 4th 03 04:29 PM

(Al Kondo) wrote:

I am considering monitoring my cats urine ph to prevent later health
problems. I understand I can use a pool ph meter or, I imagine, one
used for gardening purposes. My question is... Can I measure the ph
of the urine in the cat litter (I use clay litter)? If the litter
has a base ph.... Is there a way of measuring the urine ph while
accounting for the "base" ph?

Thanks, Al Kondo

I have seen ads for a type of cat litter than turns color based on the ph of
the urine. You might want to ask your vet about it. Might be easier.