CatBanter

-   -   How the first Ball got started. (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=83932)

fuzzmonsters November 5th 07 01:23 AM

How the first Ball got started.

On 6/28/96 Lady Bonnie, the Black Panther and Escort to Sir Galaxy
posted:

"Does any purrrrson know when the Jellicle Moon is this year?? We
really should have a Jellicle Ball. I don't think it would be hard to
twist the arm of my handsome Galaxy to help stage the event [I know we
can rely on the help of Major, Mike, Shu, Rors, et. al in this
undertaking. But first.... when is the Jellicle Moon this year? "

She then further posted:

"Rec.pets.cats should hold a Jellicle Ball once each year, and one of
our DOC can be the MC of the Ball. The question is, When is the
Jellicle Moon? I was thinking sometime in the Fall would be logical,
but which month? Galaxy [I think I can twist his arm] and I would host
the first one, and the group decide on an MC. We should host a
Jellicle Ball each year in that month there after. "

Mark H. Rosengarten responded:

"I should say October. Warm enough for the Jellicle cats to gather,
but late enough so that the moon shines high overhead."

And I was surprised to learn I had posted:

"How about setting it on the date of the full moon every year in
October (or the 2nd one if there should ever happen to be 2). I think
that makes it on the 28th this year. "

And off it took from there. We had a Technical Director, a Musical
Director, The Siamese Cat Chorale, a laser cannon light show from the
Maine Coon Space Station along with designation teleporters for those
kitties who may have overindulged, a souvenir stand and so much more.

Radonna

Ellie November 5th 07 01:59 AM

How the first Ball got started.

This is owr history!