CatBanter

-   -   Siamese / oriental kittens - okay to get just one? (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17375)

Rach May 10th 04 10:43 PM

Siamese / oriental kittens - okay to get just one?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if one Siamese cat will be ok on its own (in a single cat
household). Someone told me that they get lonely.

I can only have a single one and just wondered if anyone had any
experiences?

Ta for any help

Professor May 10th 04 11:17 PM

"Rach" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if one Siamese cat will be ok on its own (in a single

cat
household). Someone told me that they get lonely.

I can only have a single one and just wondered if anyone had any
experiences?

Ta for any help

Siamese cats can become extremely possessive of their owner. My first one
got depressed when I got a second. They competed for my affection their
whole lives.

Getting just one might be a better idea. Siamese tend to be very
interactive and vocal, I hope you realize they need a lot of attention. I
love the breed, but not everyone does.

Sherry May 11th 04 01:51 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if one Siamese cat will be ok on its own (in a single cat
household). Someone told me that they get lonely.

It really depends on the cat -- I'd be more concerned about how much time *you*
are away from home. Siamese are all-out people-cats. They are very attached to
their people and love to be the center of attention. Most of them, anyway. I'd
think a Siamese would not be happy alone for extended periods.

Sherry