CatBanter

-   -   I put the snatch on Scooter and he's at the Vet (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=97726)

dgk October 13th 09 03:20 PM

I put the snatch on Scooter and he's at the Vet

Since I was off Monday I took the opportunity to take Marlo to get her
annual checkup and shots. While there I asked the vet what I could do
about Scooter, the outdoor cat I've been feeding. Scooter has been
very busy overpopulating the neighborhood. We discussed the fee and
for $200 I can get him neutered, tested, and vaccinated.

So I took Marlo home and Scooter is sitting at my front door. I put
Marlo inside, took the carrier outside, and put food in the carrier.
Scooter wasn't biting. I called a friend and she said to try using
Kitty Krack (Temptations). I put around 10 of them in the carrier and
in went Scooter. Bad move. Door closes, and the next thing he knows
he's being driven to the vet.

Oddly, he didn't make a sound. Marlo and Nipsy whine the whole way and
hide. Espy looks around and comments about my driving skills. Scooter
was very much like Espy, just looking around. Perhaps he would have
been more talkative if he knew what was coming (or going as the case
is).

Anyway, he's been neutered, and his tests are negative. I'll pick him
up after work. The only question is what to do now. I really REALLY
don't need a fourth cat and I think I'm going to let him go back to
his (extended) family.

Espy hates him. Every time he seems him through the fence in the
backyard he tries to attack him. Not looking good for him joining the
brood but he really does seem to be a great cat.

Anyone around NYC want a great cat?

cybercat October 13th 09 04:12 PM

"dgk" wrote in message
Since I was off Monday I took the opportunity to take Marlo to get her
annual checkup and shots. While there I asked the vet what I could do
about Scooter, the outdoor cat I've been feeding. Scooter has been
very busy overpopulating the neighborhood. We discussed the fee and
for $200 I can get him neutered, tested, and vaccinated.

You are just a total sweetheart. Bless you. With this single act, you
prevented the suffering of so many animals.

Phil P. October 13th 09 06:00 PM

"cybercat" wrote in message

"dgk" wrote in message
Since I was off Monday I took the opportunity to take Marlo to get her
annual checkup and shots. While there I asked the vet what I could do
about Scooter, the outdoor cat I've been feeding. Scooter has been
very busy overpopulating the neighborhood. We discussed the fee and
for $200 I can get him neutered, tested, and vaccinated.

You are just a total sweetheart. Bless you. With this single act, you
prevented the suffering of so many animals.

I started a new thread but my post didn't show up, so I'm piggybacking.

Here are 2 sweethearts for you:

http://maxshouse.com/Rescues/Oct-200...010470.tif.htm

Can't get much better than this!

MLB[_2_] October 13th 09 06:49 PM

dgk wrote:
[...]

Do you have any idea how neutered toms defend themselves in a feral
state? I know they become less aggressive, but how do they respond if
attacked t by another tom? MLB

dgk October 13th 09 08:57 PM

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:49:40 -0600, MLB wrote:

dgk wrote:
[...]

No idea, none of these cats are feral. I can pick up Scooter and he
isn't even mine (yet). My three are neutered. One of my cats, Espy
(male), is very aggressive to any cats that come near my yard. My yard
is fenced in, so they can't get out, but other cats come near and Espy
is more than eager to fight.

Nipsy (also male) and Marlo (female) run away.

dgk October 13th 09 08:58 PM

I put the snatch on Scooter and he's at the Vet

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:12:24 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
Since I was off Monday I took the opportunity to take Marlo to get her
annual checkup and shots. While there I asked the vet what I could do
about Scooter, the outdoor cat I've been feeding. Scooter has been
very busy overpopulating the neighborhood. We discussed the fee and
for $200 I can get him neutered, tested, and vaccinated.

You are just a total sweetheart. Bless you. With this single act, you
prevented the suffering of so many animals.

Scooter may not be too pleased however.

cybercat October 13th 09 09:11 PM

"dgk" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:12:24 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
. ..
Since I was off Monday I took the opportunity to take Marlo to get her
annual checkup and shots. While there I asked the vet what I could do
about Scooter, the outdoor cat I've been feeding. Scooter has been
very busy overpopulating the neighborhood. We discussed the fee and
for $200 I can get him neutered, tested, and vaccinated.

You are just a total sweetheart. Bless you. With this single act, you
prevented the suffering of so many animals.

Scooter may not be too pleased however.

Men always place such a high value on testicles. :)

Kelly Greene October 14th 09 01:25 AM

"dgk" wrote in message
Since I was off Monday I took the opportunity to take Marlo to get her
annual checkup and shots. While there I asked the vet what I could do
about Scooter, the outdoor cat I've been feeding. Scooter has been
very busy overpopulating the neighborhood. We discussed the fee and
for $200 I can get him neutered, tested, and vaccinated.

That was very kind of you to do. Isn't there some way you can give them a
chance to work out their differences? Perhaps neutered, his scent will
change and he'll be viewed differently by your cat-in-residence.
--
Kelly..........
If you're a past or present resident of

dgk October 14th 09 01:20 PM

I put the snatch on Scooter and he's at the Vet

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:25:49 -0500, "Kelly Greene"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
Since I was off Monday I took the opportunity to take Marlo to get her
annual checkup and shots. While there I asked the vet what I could do
about Scooter, the outdoor cat I've been feeding. Scooter has been
very busy overpopulating the neighborhood. We discussed the fee and
for $200 I can get him neutered, tested, and vaccinated.

That was very kind of you to do. Isn't there some way you can give them a
chance to work out their differences? Perhaps neutered, his scent will
change and he'll be viewed differently by your cat-in-residence.

Not a huge success. I took Scooter home yesterday and put him in the
Cat Introduction Room. Espy was most unhappy and was hissing at Nipsy
and Marlo and wouldn't eat. I spent some time with Scooter, petting
him and getting rubbed in return. But Espy is very unhappy.

This morning I let Scooter out the front door and fed him there as
I've been doing. He yowled when I wouldn't let him back in. Then I
went off to work.

There are definite problems that will need to be worked out. Espy
never really warmed up to Marlo, and she is just a little x-Girl.
Scooter, being a big just x-Boy is clearly seen as more of a threat.

MLB[_2_] October 14th 09 05:37 PM

wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
[...]

Have you tried scent transfer? MLB