CatBanter

-   -   I wish I spoke cat! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113066)

Joy[_3_] March 16th 16 05:49 AM

I wish I spoke cat!

There's been a lot of meowing going on lately. I really wish I knew
what it meant. Sometimes it's Pickles, clearly wanting me to do
something, but I don't know what. Sometimes it's Koala, who
occasionally wanders around the house meowing while I'm watching TV in
the evening.

jmcquown[_2_] March 16th 16 12:54 PM

I wish I spoke cat!

On 3/16/2016 1:49 AM, Joy wrote:
There's been a lot of meowing going on lately. I really wish I knew
what it meant. Sometimes it's Pickles, clearly wanting me to do
something, but I don't know what. Sometimes it's Koala, who
occasionally wanders around the house meowing while I'm watching TV in
the evening.

Buffy has been meowing a lot lately, too! I wish I knew what it is she
wants me to do. We play, she sits in my lap and I give her scritches,
she has a mouse on a wand toy that she loves. (She wears me out!) She
has food, she has fresh water, the litter box is clean. Buffy, what on
earth are you talking about?!

Jill

Jack Campin March 18th 16 12:20 PM

I wish I spoke cat!

There's been a lot of meowing going on lately. I really wish I knew
what it meant. Sometimes it's Pickles, clearly wanting me to do
something, but I don't know what. Sometimes it's Koala, who
occasionally wanders around the house meowing while I'm watching TV
in the evening.

With Ollie it usually seems to mean "my food bowl is empty...
or nearly empty... or not much more than half full, anyway".

Then I fill it, he takes a quick glance to check that there's
enough, and buggers off out of the catflap.

Joy[_3_] March 18th 16 05:52 PM

I wish I spoke cat!

On 3/18/2016 5:20 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
There's been a lot of meowing going on lately. I really wish I knew
what it meant. Sometimes it's Pickles, clearly wanting me to do
something, but I don't know what. Sometimes it's Koala, who
occasionally wanders around the house meowing while I'm watching TV
in the evening.

With Ollie it usually seems to mean "my food bowl is empty...
or nearly empty... or not much more than half full, anyway".

Then I fill it, he takes a quick glance to check that there's
enough, and buggers off out of the catflap.

He sounds like a typical cat. That's one of the things I've checked,
and that isn't it. Sometimes I know Koala wants his gooshy food, and
sometimes Pickles wants me to pet her, but a lot of the time I don't
have any idea what they want.