CatBanter

-   -   daddy?... (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=81685)

Jack Campin - bogus address July 25th 07 03:20 PM

daddy?...

Marblecake has four four-week-old kittens. Like the previous lot,
none of them look like Splodge could be the father: Ollie (pale
ginger stripey male), Pip (tuxedo male), Polly (grey-and-white
stripey female with a regular red/white/black tabby head) and
Courtney (a bizarre in-between tabby/tortie, like she's wearing
camo fatigues with orange stripey stockings and white underwear).
Pip is the only fully shorthaired one, the others all have some
longish guard hair (is that what you call it?) but aren't properly
long-haired, whereas Splodge is. And none of them have his stumpy
legs or Persian face.

Doesn't stop them treating Splodge as Daddy, though. After first
trying him out as a milk bar they figured out that wasn't going to
work. So Courtney has been trying a different tack. She just went
up to him and tried to wash his chin, whereupon he groomed her ears
for a bit. Then she rolled over on her back beside him showing off
her tummy and purring (I didn't know kittens could purr that young).

Splodge seems besotted. If she was human she'd have got Daddy to
buy her a pink iPod by now.

Will in New Haven July 25th 07 04:16 PM

daddy?...

On Jul 25, 10:20 am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
[...]

Ruff. Tailwag I wish Maggie May or Sunrise or Missy wud have bitties
again; I luv bitties. I bave dem with my tong and I push my favrit
tenis ball at dem. I am pritty sur I was never one of der daddies.
Becuz I am a d*g.

Bear

Debbie Wilson July 25th 07 05:25 PM

daddy?...

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Doesn't stop them treating Splodge as Daddy, though. After first
trying him out as a milk bar they figured out that wasn't going to
work. So Courtney has been trying a different tack. She just went
up to him and tried to wash his chin, whereupon he groomed her ears
for a bit. Then she rolled over on her back beside him showing off
her tummy and purring (I didn't know kittens could purr that young).

Splodge seems besotted. If she was human she'd have got Daddy to
buy her a pink iPod by now.

LOL, what a little sweetheart. He is a good uncle.
I have heard baby kittens purring from 2 weeks of age. I have four CP
foster kittens here with their mum at the moment - born in a back
garden, though mum is extremely friendly, a young tabby girl. She has 3
tabby and one black kitten. They are a little timid and hissy but
becoming better every day, and all have already got homes waiting for
them - the mum with her two sons to one, and the two tabby girls to
another. It is good to be fostering again, after a long absence for
various reasons.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

[email protected] July 25th 07 07:05 PM

daddy?...

Debbie Wilson wrote:

I have heard baby kittens purring from 2 weeks of age. I have four CP
foster kittens here with their mum at the moment - born in a back
garden, though mum is extremely friendly, a young tabby girl. She has 3
tabby and one black kitten. They are a little timid and hissy but
becoming better every day, and all have already got homes waiting for
them - the mum with her two sons to one, and the two tabby girls to
another. It is good to be fostering again, after a long absence for
various reasons.

Aww, that sounds adorable. I think a mother cat and pre-weaned kittens
would be the ideal foster situation. And I'd do it in a heartbeat, but
it just wouldn't go over well at my place. Plus I really feel that three
is enough!

Joyce

Debbie Wilson July 25th 07 07:09 PM

daddy?...

wrote:

Aww, that sounds adorable. I think a mother cat and pre-weaned kittens
would be the ideal foster situation. And I'd do it in a heartbeat, but
it just wouldn't go over well at my place. Plus I really feel that three
is enough!

Pics are posted in the other thread, with KFW! :-)

Eshne is a very good mum, and I am lucky to now have a spare room where
they can all be, away from my own 4 and Daisy-dog. It's not possible in
all situations to think of fostering, I understand!

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) July 25th 07 08:00 PM

daddy?...

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Doesn't stop them treating Splodge as Daddy, though. After first
trying him out as a milk bar they figured out that wasn't going to
work. So Courtney has been trying a different tack. She just went
up to him and tried to wash his chin, whereupon he groomed her ears
for a bit. Then she rolled over on her back beside him showing off
her tummy and purring (I didn't know kittens could purr that young).

SFAIK, they can purr almost from birth!

GaDragonfly July 25th 07 08:08 PM

daddy?...

wrote:

Splodge seems besotted. If she was human she'd have got Daddy to
buy her a pink iPod by now.

Awww, how sweet.
Julie

Tanada July 25th 07 08:50 PM

daddy?...

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Forgets the pink iPod. I wannas a pretty blue mousie! Or maybe
a pretty green one. Or a little pink thock. Or. . .

Qui Gun Kit on behalf of the rest of the clowder

Tanada July 25th 07 08:51 PM

daddy?...

"Tanada" wrote in message
hlink.net...

[...]

Oh, I forgot PICTURES, JPEGS, IMAGES. Please?

Sherry July 25th 07 11:21 PM

daddy?...

On Jul 25, 1:05 pm, wrote:
Debbie Wilson wrote:

I have heard baby kittens purring from 2 weeks of age. I have four CP
foster kittens here with their mum at the moment - born in a back
garden, though mum is extremely friendly, a young tabby girl. She has 3
tabby and one black kitten. They are a little timid and hissy but
becoming better every day, and all have already got homes waiting for
them - the mum with her two sons to one, and the two tabby girls to
another. It is good to be fostering again, after a long absence for
various reasons.

Aww, that sounds adorable. I think a mother cat and pre-weaned kittens
would be the ideal foster situation. And I'd do it in a heartbeat, but
it just wouldn't go over well at my place. Plus I really feel that three
is enough!

Joyce

Oooo, Joyce. Been there, done that, and never again. Oh, I guess one
mom with kittens
would be okay, but I took two moms, each with one kitten about 3 weeks
old. Apparently
hormones rage in post-partum cat mothers, just like humans. They were
horrible.
We called them the Unwed Mothers from Hell.
But, OTOH, it's the *perfect* way to enjoy kittens, without the
longterm responsibility of
owning them.
Sherry