CatBanter

-   Cats - misc (http://www.catbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rutherford, at it again! (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=21662)

jimmy the LD September 14th 04 01:56 PM

Rutherford, at it again!

Hi All:
Another update on Rutherford the Brave, the floor-****ing and wall-spraying
cat...

Last night I caught him squatting RIGHT after I cleaned the litter box
(about two hours after) in the 4 foot area that he has destroyed in our
living room with his urine. I feel that he MUST have known he was in the
wrong here, because I had to chase him around for about 15 minutes before I
caught him to toss his naughty little ass into the bathroom with food and
water and his litterbox for the night.

I placed his food (dry bowl), his breakfast (canned food) and his water
DIRECTLY on the "stink zone" as we like to call it. He hasn't touched it
yet, but I am worried about him now finding another place to ****. I can't
deal with much more of this, and if he finds another place to urinate in the
house, I'm gonna flip.

I'll be making a doctor's appointment in a few days to see if we can get a
medical opinion. the only problem I have with the vet the last time (and
first time) we took him in was that she didn't have any real answers - she
just kept pushing her favorite flea and worm meds.

Frustrated and sick of smelling the pee,
Jimmy

--
"...that simple light may rise out of complex darkness."
and don't forget to run like an antelope.

http://www.jimhutchison.com
http://music.jimhutchison.com

Jodie September 14th 04 10:24 PM

also after you have cleaned and dried the area, you could simply put
double-sided taped criss-crossing the area. Cats hate to step on that
stuff!

Jodie September 14th 04 10:24 PM

mlbriggs September 14th 04 10:31 PM

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:56:44 -0400, jimmy the LD wrote:

[...]

Perhaps a new Vet would be a good idea. MLB

Bluesman September 15th 04 09:43 PM

"jimmy the LD" wrote in message ...
[...]

Can't you just put the litterbox on the **** spot?

Bluesman

Mary September 15th 04 11:35 PM

"Bluesman" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Wow. What breathtaking simplicity. I assume the OP does not want to put the
litter box there?

jimmy the LD September 16th 04 02:43 AM

Can't you just put the litterbox on the **** spot?

Bluesman

Wow. What breathtaking simplicity. I assume the OP does not want to put

the
litter box there?

I'm not sure what this means - I don't want to teach him that the spot he
uses is the toilet, I want to teach him that he's not ****ing supposed to
**** there. Placing his litter box on the spot seems to me to be a bad
judgement.

Jimmy