CatBanter

-   -   The Queen' (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=107973)

MLB[_4_] June 2nd 12 07:09 PM

The Queen'

How about some first hand reports on the activities celebrating the
Queen's 60th year on the throne? How does the Queen feel about pets?
Does she have any? Wondering. MLB

MLB[_4_] June 2nd 12 08:36 PM

The Queen'

On 06/02/2012 01:28 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In ,
wrote:
How about some first hand reports on the activities celebrating the
Queen's 60th year on the throne? How does the Queen feel about pets?
Does she have any? Wondering. MLB

She loves dogs and has had corgis all her life. She also has a passion for
horses.

There have been several programmes on tv here showing the home films taken
of her throughout her life. I don't know if they will be broadcast so that
you can see them. One was narrated by Prince Charles that was BBC and on
ITV Prince William narrated another. I think you would find them
interesting as they show the queen in a very different light to how we
usually see her.

Judith

I hope I get an opportunity to see those programs. I've always wanted
nthe Queen to be happy and successful. MLB

Lesley[_4_] June 2nd 12 09:32 PM

The Queen'

On Jun 2, 11:09*am, MLB wrote:
How about some first hand reports on the activities celebrating the
Queen's 60th year on the throne?

It gets me an extra day off from Hell i.e. work (Yesterday within 2
hours I got told my job is being down graded and I'm going to be
forced to work in another office even though I've repeatedly told the
manager concerned that being in there will cause me stress, which in
turn is not good for my blood pressure and seroiusly aggravate my
depression and the physical environment isn't safe and I'll be in an
office next to someone who once damn nearly assaulted me and it will
make my job a lot harder 'cos I can't move big notes the same way- as
my lift phobia means I can't put them on a trolley and use the lift to
get them where they need to go- this a***hole was saying he was trying
to be nice and I shouldn't take it personally but I do! I worked
really hard the whole of May because they have lost 2 staff and not
replaced them so I'm doing a lot of covering and this is what I get as
a reward?)

And that's really all it means to me...might go to a BBQ on Tuesday in
my local

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) June 2nd 12 09:34 PM

The Queen'

Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
MLB wrote:
How about some first hand reports on the activities celebrating the
Queen's 60th year on the throne? How does the Queen feel about pets?
Does she have any? Wondering. MLB

She loves dogs and has had corgis all her life. She also has a passion for
horses.

I thought EVERYONE knew about her corgis! Even here in the USA, there
have been any number of TV program references to her dogs.

MLB[_4_] June 2nd 12 10:03 PM

The Queen'

On 06/02/2012 02:34 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
MLB wrote:
How about some first hand reports on the activities celebrating the
Queen's 60th year on the throne? How does the Queen feel about pets?
Does she have any? Wondering. MLB

She loves dogs and has had corgis all her life. She also has a passion
for
horses.

I thought EVERYONE knew about her corgis! Even here in the USA, there
have been any number of TV program references to her dogs.

I guess it depends on how much TV watching is done. I do remember the
corgis and horses and I have watched the big events over the years. I
do not spend a lot of time in front of the TV however, and can't lay
claim to remembering all the details of the various programs --over 60
years. MLB

Christina Websell June 2nd 12 10:06 PM

The Queen'

"MLB" wrote in message
How about some first hand reports on the activities celebrating the
Queen's 60th year on the throne? How does the Queen feel about pets? Does
she have any? Wondering. MLB

We are having a street party outside our houses tomorrow. Just a few
immediate neighbours. Unfortunately, the weather forecast is for rain so
we'll be putting a gazebo up to keep the food dry! It will be a buffet
type spread - I've just got back from getting some baguettes and rolls and
four different salad mixes and I also made a big curry this afternoon.
If the rain is really bad, we'll just have to rush out and get a plate of
food and stand just inside our open front doors to eat it!
As well as the corgis and horses Judith already told you about, the Queen
also has Labradors and a loft of racing pigeons. She is very fond of pets.
Not sure if she has any cats though.

Lots of TV programmes on showing old cine films taken by the Royal family of
themselves in ordinary family situations.

This is only the 2nd time in British history that a monarch has had a
Diamond Jubilee, the first one was Queen Victoria.

Here's taste of what is hapening in the capital

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/News...es/DG_WP200687

Tweed

Tweed

MLB[_4_] June 2nd 12 10:22 PM

The Queen'

wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for the great post. You always liven things up. Best wishes for
your "block party". MLB

Debbie Wilson June 2nd 12 10:39 PM

The Queen'

MLB wrote:

How about some first hand reports on the activities celebrating the
Queen's 60th year on the throne? How does the Queen feel about pets?
Does she have any? Wondering. MLB

Here in Cornwall there is bunting up all over the place - both Union
Jacks, and the Cornish colours of black and yellow. Very pretty and
festive. There are picnics planned in nearby villages but it is forecast
to be wet so they may be moved into village halls. In Launceston, my
nearest town, there is a Jubilee fair planned for Monday in the grounds
of Launceston Castle where there will be a regimental band, craft
stalls, a bouncy castle, falconry and food and drink. We have some
bunting up outside our cottage for the few people that pass by. On
Tuesday our neighbour is having a small Jubilee party so we'll be going
along to that.

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Joy June 2nd 12 10:52 PM

The Queen'

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
MLB wrote:
How about some first hand reports on the activities celebrating the
Queen's 60th year on the throne? How does the Queen feel about pets?
Does she have any? Wondering. MLB

She loves dogs and has had corgis all her life. She also has a passion for
horses.

There have been several programmes on tv here showing the home films taken
of her throughout her life. I don't know if they will be broadcast so that
you can see them. One was narrated by Prince Charles that was BBC and on
ITV Prince William narrated another. I think you would find them
interesting as they show the queen in a very different light to how we
usually see her.

Judith

--
Judith Latham

A clip from the Prince Charles one was shown on a news program here
yesterday evening.

Joy

Bastette June 2nd 12 11:23 PM

The Queen'

Christina Websell wrote:

We are having a street party outside our houses tomorrow. Just a few
immediate neighbours. Unfortunately, the weather forecast is for rain so
we'll be putting a gazebo up to keep the food dry! It will be a buffet
type spread - I've just got back from getting some baguettes and rolls and
four different salad mixes and I also made a big curry this afternoon.

You will have to thumb your noses at the neighbors who, I am sure, are
*not* invited. :)

Sounds fun! Hope it's sunny and dry.

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"