CatBanter

-   -   Dolly the Cat only eats dry food. (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=68530)

[email protected] April 7th 06 01:08 AM

Dolly the Cat only eats dry food.

helmsman wrote:
Scout and Dolly have lived together for over 5 years before Scout
passed 2 days ago, in any event she has only eaten dry since birth
even though 2 different brands and multipul flavors were avalable for
both cats.
Is there some supplement we can put on her dry to makeup for her not
eating wet meat food?
TIA

Depends. When was the last time she saw a vet?

What is she missing by not eating wet foods?
If she is the rare cat that drinks lots of water, maybe not missing
much at all.

How is her fur? Is it dry? Shed a lot? Her eyes? Her teeth?
Is she active? How are her stools?

What are the foods that you are now giving?

I ask because it's kind of difficult to really give a good answer
without knowing much info.

Although it seems cats thrive on canned foods, should there not be
a reason to change?

I give my cat 1/2 and 1/2 and her fur sheds less and is less dry to the
touch.

I was using Science Diet Light which apparently was not enough as a dry
food.

I have seen other cats thrive on dry food but it's more risky,
especially for
males and urinary problems.