CatBanter

-   -   Feline Leukemia (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17945)

KaraAnn June 8th 04 05:26 PM

Feline Leukemia

If anyone out there has any words of wisdom or last minute treatment
attempts for a cat with this illness please respond. My cat Putter
probably contacted the disease last year but was not officially
diagnosed until last month after experiencing complications due to
steroid shots used to treat an infection. She is rapidly progressing
through the illness and i have been told its time to think about
putting her down. I can not take that course of actions until i know i
have tried everything possible to keep her with me. She is the light
of my life! Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Cheryl June 9th 04 12:20 AM

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.health+behav",
(KaraAnn) artfully composed this message
within . com on
08 Jun 2004:

If anyone out there has any words of wisdom or last minute
treatment attempts for a cat with this illness please respond.
My cat Putter probably contacted the disease last year but was
not officially diagnosed until last month after experiencing
complications due to steroid shots used to treat an infection.
She is rapidly progressing through the illness and i have been
told its time to think about putting her down. I can not take
that course of actions until i know i have tried everything
possible to keep her with me. She is the light of my life! Any
suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I echo Laura's query: how sick is your cat? If you'd like to read
stories of other cats with FeLV (including my own cat, Shadow)
please read the stories linked on the attached site. Again, it
really depends on how ill your cat is because from what I
understand, once the disease progresses, it is very fast. Best
wishes to you and your cat.

http://www.fourpawstrail.com/felvcats/index.html
(there is a section that was just added called "what the pros say"
but I haven't had a chance to read it yet)

--
Cheryl

Chris June 14th 04 04:02 AM

Karen,
Before you make a decision, go to felinelukemia.org site--browse thru
archives & maybe join talk list--lots of good advice from folks who know &
can help you through this... FELV+ is not an automatic death sentence every
time kitty gets sick--- can you describe what sorts of problems your kitty
has? how old? etc.

om...