CatBanter

-   -   Woman Accused Of Drowning Hundreds Of Animals (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=78752)

Barry March 16th 07 12:08 AM

On Mar 15, 7:46 pm, J Coffey wrote:
Woman Accused Of Drowning Hundreds Of Animals

That's so messed up.. it's almost funny...

"yeah sure... I can take one more"... "what's one more"..

you know.. I bet I bet I bet there was money involved.

I bet she got money from people who thought she was caring for
animals.

There is always money involved in these weird things.

Barry

J Coffey March 16th 07 12:46 AM

Woman Accused Of Drowning Hundreds Of Animals

Woman Accused Of Drowning Hundreds Of Animals

POSTED: 1:50 pm EDT March 15, 2007
UPDATED: 2:12 pm EDT March 15, 2007

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Humane Society agents on Wednesday were searching
for a woman wanted on charges of animal cruelty.

Prosecutors said Maureen McLaughlin admitted killing 650 puppies,
dogs, and cats by drowning them in a trash can, NewsChannel5 partner
ONN reported.

McLaughlin recently told authorities she would fill a trash can with
water, put the animals in a crate, and place the crate in the water.

"She would keep fur from each animal that she killed and write the
name and date and descriptions of the animals," said assistant city
prosecutor Bill Hedrick.

He said many of the animals MacLaughlin allegedly drowned since July
2002 were received through people thinking that she was a rescue.

"No one would expect this going on and basically she's just a mass
killer of animals," Hedrick said.

Authorities were working to determine why McLaughlin allegedly killed
the animals.

McLaughlin was charged with one count of animal cruelty because Humane
Society agents recovered only one carcass.

Prosecutor Hedrick said he was concerned that she could be
volunteering with local veterinarians or other rescue services.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/11261984/detail.html

Charlie Wilkes March 16th 07 04:45 AM

Woman Accused Of Drowning Hundreds Of Animals

In article .com,
says...
On Mar 15, 7:46 pm, J Coffey wrote:
Woman Accused Of Drowning Hundreds Of Animals

That's so messed up.. it's almost funny...

"yeah sure... I can take one more"... "what's one more"..

you know.. I bet I bet I bet there was money involved.

I bet she got money from people who thought she was caring for
animals.

There is always money involved in these weird things.

Barry

A few years ago I pulled into a sleepy marina where I had rented a slip
for my 14-foot skiff. I was on my way to town to pick up groceries. As
I walked up the gangway, I passed a couple of old guys with a beautiful
long-haired cat in a cat carrier.

I assumed they were taking it somewhere on a boat. But when I got back
from town, I opened the dumpster to discard a sandwich wrapper, and
there was the sodden corpse of this cat. It put a real cloud on my day.

Charlie

Alison[_2_] March 16th 07 08:43 AM

Woman Accused Of Drowning Hundreds Of Animals

That is one sick woman! Poor cats and dogs :(
--
Alison
http://catinfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/