CatBanter

-   -   Cat Five - Rainbow Bridge - August 3, 2016 (http://www.catbanter.com/showthread.php?t=113222)

[email protected][_2_] August 4th 16 02:03 AM

Cat Five - Rainbow Bridge - August 3, 2016

I haven't been here in many years as our ISP stopped carrying Usenet and the Google web format is such a pain. Tonight we had to help our beloved DSH brown tabby girl Cat Five across the Rainbow Bridge and we are in agony.

She developed IBD a few years ago and we dealt with that through prescription food and cobalamin shots. In June she was on death's door with pancreatitis, loss of appetite, and weight loss, but a change of vets brought a change in food that prolonged her life by almost 2 months. Sadly her labored breathing, loss of weight, severe anemia, severely elevated white cell count and appetite loss made her quality of life decline too far. Tonight the heaviest weight I carried in my life was an empty cat carrier from the vet.

Cat Five got her name from the network cable for computers (CAT5), as my wife and I are computer geeks. As I pass through here one more time, I would like to offer a tribute to the girl kitty that was ignored by others as a 3 year old adult at a kill shelter during kitten season and was almost put down to make space for kittens, but gave so much love to us. Trying as best I can to hold back the tears through the whisky now taking effect to kill the pain my wife and I are feeling.

Tribute to Five

We didn't euth her because she was too old, we wanted so many more years with her.

We didn't euth her because her illness was a burden to us, but because her illness was too much a burden to her.

We didn't euth quickly to say goodbye, we delayed it as humanely as possible to enjoy our remaining time with her.

She enriched our two lives with her nine for twelve years.

She spent the rest of her lives with us, sadly we couldn't spend the rest of our lives with her.

She rallied so many times for us after being sick. Morris the Cat only had 9 Lives, it seemed Five had him beat.

We are grateful to the loving staff of County Animal Hospital in New City, NY for the extra six weeks they were able to humanely prolong her life with us. Thank you Dr. Rothstein, Dr. Weiner, and the vet techs, especially Vet Tech Jodi Sherman. We will mourn our beloved Five for a very long time. She will be forever in our hearts, the best companion cat we could have ever had been blessed with.

Cat Five
Adopted March 24, 2004
Crossed the Rainbow Bridge August 3, 2016

Matt Ferrari[_3_] August 4th 16 03:57 AM

" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry for your loss, I know it hurts to lose your pet. You have given cat5 a
great gift in sacrificing her to free her from pain.
And it sounds like you gave her a good life by adopting her.

Matt

Joy[_3_] August 4th 16 06:14 AM

On 8/3/2016 6:03 PM, mers wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry. You made the most painful, and most loving decision a pet
owner can make.

Jeßus[_6_] August 4th 16 11:47 PM

Cat Five - Rainbow Bridge - August 3, 2016

On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 09:55:30 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:

In article ,
mers wrote:
I haven't been here in many years as our ISP stopped carrying Usenet and
the Google web format is such a pain. Tonight we had to help our
beloved DSH brown tabby girl Cat Five across the Rainbow Bridge and we
are in agony.

snipped

We didn't euth quickly to say goodbye, we delayed it as humanely as
possible to enjoy our remaining time with her.

She enriched our two lives with her nine for twelve years.

She spent the rest of her lives with us, sadly we couldn't spend the
rest of our lives with her.

She rallied so many times for us after being sick. Morris the Cat only
had 9 Lives, it seemed Five had him beat.

We are grateful to the loving staff of County Animal Hospital in New
City, NY for the extra six weeks they were able to humanely prolong her
life with us. Thank you Dr. Rothstein, Dr. Weiner, and the vet techs,
especially Vet Tech Jodi Sherman. We will mourn our beloved Five for a
very long time. She will be forever in our hearts, the best companion
cat we could have ever had been blessed with.

Cat Five Adopted March 24, 2004 Crossed the Rainbow Bridge August 3, 2016

I'm so sorry. It hurts so much when we lose our loved fur friends. She had
a good life with you and you gave her the ultimate gift when you needed.

Yes, agreed. She couldn't have had a better life than that.

dgk August 5th 16 02:12 AM

Cat Five - Rainbow Bridge - August 3, 2016

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 18:03:28 -0700 (PDT), "

Cat Five
Adopted March 24, 2004
Crossed the Rainbow Bridge August 3, 2016

It's a terrible system where we have to be separated from our friends,
but we didn't set it up, we just have to lve and die by it. I'm
terribly sorry for your loss; I think that we've all been there. When
your heart heals, I believe the cables are now up to Cat6.